Poer DVD Problem

I am having a problem with my Cyberlink PowerDVD loading on my 4600 computer
with XP2. It takes two to three minutes to load and locks up the whole
computer while it is loading. I tried to install an update from the
Cyberlink web site, but got an error message that PowerDVD was not installed
on my computer. I am wondering if this is a Dell branded version and I have
to download an update from the Dell web site. I have not been able to find
an update from dell. I am using the 4.0 version. Any help or suggestions
would be appreciated.

Phil
4 answers Last reply
More about poer problem

    The PowerDVD that comes with a Dell is a Dell Branded PowerDVD and the
    updates only work that are from Dell and not from Cyberlink.

    I suggest, uninstall PowerDVD, reboot and reinstall it again from the CD and
    see if that fixes the problem.

    "Phil" <ashnan@delete@sprynet.com> wrote in message
    >I am having a problem with my Cyberlink PowerDVD loading on my 4600
    >computer with XP2. It takes two to three minutes to load and locks up the
    >whole computer while it is loading. I tried to install an update from the
    >Cyberlink web site, but got an error message that PowerDVD was not
    >installed on my computer. I am wondering if this is a Dell branded version
    >and I have to download an update from the Dell web site. I have not been
    >able to find an update from dell. I am using the 4.0 version. Any help or
    >suggestions would be appreciated.
    >
    > Phil

    thanks for the information. Do you if Dell offers an update and if so where
    can I find it on the Dell site.

    Phil

    "Dan Sgambelluri" <dsgambelluri@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > The PowerDVD that comes with a Dell is a Dell Branded PowerDVD and the
    > updates only work that are from Dell and not from Cyberlink.
    >
    > I suggest, uninstall PowerDVD, reboot and reinstall it again from the CD
    > and see if that fixes the problem.
    >

    > "Phil" <ashnan@delete@sprynet.com> wrote in message
    >>I am having a problem with my Cyberlink PowerDVD loading on my 4600
    >>computer with XP2. It takes two to three minutes to load and locks up the
    >>whole computer while it is loading. I tried to install an update from the
    >>Cyberlink web site, but got an error message that PowerDVD was not
    >>installed on my computer. I am wondering if this is a Dell branded version
    >>and I have to download an update from the Dell web site. I have not been
    >>able to find an update from dell. I am using the 4.0 version. Any help or
    >>suggestions would be appreciated.
    >>
    >> Phil

    you're welcome

    there is no update for the Dell PowerDVD though.

    Did you uninstall PowerDVD and reinstall it?

    > thanks for the information. Do you if Dell offers an update and if so
    > where can I find it on the Dell site.
    >
    > Phil
    >
    > "Dan Sgambelluri" <dsgambelluri@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    >> The PowerDVD that comes with a Dell is a Dell Branded PowerDVD and the
    >> updates only work that are from Dell and not from Cyberlink.
    >>
    >> I suggest, uninstall PowerDVD, reboot and reinstall it again from the CD
    >> and see if that fixes the problem.
    >>

    >> "Phil" <ashnan@delete@sprynet.com> wrote in message
    >>>I am having a problem with my Cyberlink PowerDVD loading on my 4600
    >>>computer with XP2. It takes two to three minutes to load and locks up
    >>>the whole computer while it is loading. I tried to install an update from
    >>>the Cyberlink web site, but got an error message that PowerDVD was not
    >>>installed on my computer. I am wondering if this is a Dell branded
    >>>version and I have to download an update from the Dell web site. I have
    >>>not been able to find an update from dell. I am using the 4.0 version.
    >>>Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> Phil

    Plan to do it in the next few days. Thanks again.

    > you're welcome
    >

    > there is no update for the Dell PowerDVD though.
    >
    > Did you uninstall PowerDVD and reinstall it?
    >

    > "Phil" <ashnan@delete@sprynet.com> wrote in message
    >> thanks for the information. Do you if Dell offers an update and if so
    >> where can I find it on the Dell site.
    >>
    >> Phil
    >>
    >> "Dan Sgambelluri" <dsgambelluri@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    >>> The PowerDVD that comes with a Dell is a Dell Branded PowerDVD and the
    >>> updates only work that are from Dell and not from Cyberlink.
    >>>
    >>> I suggest, uninstall PowerDVD, reboot and reinstall it again from the CD
    >>> and see if that fixes the problem.
    >>>

    >>> "Phil" <ashnan@delete@sprynet.com> wrote in message

Dell Computer Powerdvd Computers