What about case fans in a Dell Poweredge 1300 ?

I just got a Poweredge 1300 Server at the local surplus house, Dual
PIII-500.

It seems a little weak on internal cooling - the only fan in the box is the
one in the power supply. There's a cutout behind the dual processors where
it looks like a fan MIGHT go, but no screw holes for actually mounting one.

Is there a special bracket or something that I'm missing ? Anybody got a
picture or diagram of what the insides of this PowerEdge server OUGHT to
look like ?

Thanks.

- FM -
2 answers Last reply
More about what case fans dell poweredge 1300

    all documentation can be found on support.dell.com
    or try this link (you may have to log in)
    http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/sgeck/en/index.htm

    "Fred Mau" <fred-dot-mau@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I just got a Poweredge 1300 Server at the local surplus house, Dual
    > PIII-500.
    >
    > It seems a little weak on internal cooling - the only fan in the box is
    the
    > one in the power supply. There's a cutout behind the dual processors
    where
    > it looks like a fan MIGHT go, but no screw holes for actually mounting
    one.

    > Is there a special bracket or something that I'm missing ? Anybody got a
    > picture or diagram of what the insides of this PowerEdge server OUGHT to
    > look like ?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > - FM -

    look at the documnet called the 'microprocessor upgrade guide.' it has
    diagrams of the plastic shroud that wraps around the processor and that has
    a fan installed in it... sounds like you are missing these.

    > all documentation can be found on support.dell.com
    > or try this link (you may have to log in)
    > http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/sgeck/en/index.htm
    >
    > "Fred Mau" <fred-dot-mau@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > I just got a Poweredge 1300 Server at the local surplus house, Dual
    > > PIII-500.
    > >
    > > It seems a little weak on internal cooling - the only fan in the box is
    > the
    > > one in the power supply. There's a cutout behind the dual processors
    > where
    > > it looks like a fan MIGHT go, but no screw holes for actually mounting
    > one.
    > >
    > > Is there a special bracket or something that I'm missing ? Anybody got
    > > picture or diagram of what the insides of this PowerEdge server OUGHT to
    > > look like ?
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > - FM -

Dell Servers Computers