Install Palm Desktop Software on a Power User Account In W..

April 21, 2005 12:56:52 PM

Hello;

I'm trying to install Palm Desktop software on a Windows XP Pro
system, and allow a normal power users to able to open Palm Desktop
and Sync.

The steps I have been doing to install it are:

1) Give administrator rights to the Power User, and log in as the
Power User
2) Install the Palm Desktop Software and perform the first HotSync.
3) Take back the administrator rights.

However, once I take back the admin rights, I can no longer open Palm
Desktop. The splash screen comes up, but it just freezes there.

Any suggestions would be great, thank you
JIredale
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 5:19:48 AM

In article <b1449959.0504210756.2f2a0a69@posting.google.com>,
jiredale@gmail.com says...
> Hello;
>
> I'm trying to install Palm Desktop software on a Windows XP Pro
> system, and allow a normal power users to able to open Palm Desktop
> and Sync.
>
> The steps I have been doing to install it are:
>
> 1) Give administrator rights to the Power User, and log in as the
> Power User
> 2) Install the Palm Desktop Software and perform the first HotSync.
> 3) Take back the administrator rights.
>
> However, once I take back the admin rights, I can no longer open Palm
> Desktop. The splash screen comes up, but it just freezes there.
>
> Any suggestions would be great, thank you
> JIredale

You must be LOGGED-IN as the user.
You can not user the User-Switcher, the current user must log-out and
the Palm user must log in.

--
Jim Anderson
( 8(|) To email me just pull my_finger

Jim Anderson <fro2750@frontiernet.my_finger.net> wrote in message news:<MPG.1cd1ca3dedfbd002989768@news.frontiernet.net>...
> In article <b1449959.0504210756.2f2a0a69@posting.google.com>,
> jiredale@gmail.com says...
> > Hello;
> >
> > I'm trying to install Palm Desktop software on a Windows XP Pro
> > system, and allow a normal power users to able to open Palm Desktop
> > and Sync.
> >
> > The steps I have been doing to install it are:
> >
> > 1) Give administrator rights to the Power User, and log in as the
> > Power User
> > 2) Install the Palm Desktop Software and perform the first HotSync.
> > 3) Take back the administrator rights.
> >
> > However, once I take back the admin rights, I can no longer open Palm
> > Desktop. The splash screen comes up, but it just freezes there.
> >
> > Any suggestions would be great, thank you
> > JIredale
> >

> You must be LOGGED-IN as the user.
> You can not user the User-Switcher, the current user must log-out and
> the Palm user must log in.

I am giving the palm user the admin rights, installing the software as
the palm user (with the admin rights), opening up all apps that Palm
Installed on the workstation, removing the admin rights from the palm
user, and then trying to open Palm Desktop again. This is where it
freezes.
!