  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
Share
December 27, 2004 1:18:15 PM

Hi,

I am trying to control access to the chat rooms. I have
tried client filtering, but I am unable to block the chat
rooms. What am I doing wrong? What should I be putting in
the ports and protocols?

I want my kids to use the internet, but concerned about
their safety.

More about : blocking chat rooms

Anonymous
December 27, 2004 1:27:32 PM

You'd be better off posting to one of the public newsgroups which support
the browser you're using. If you want to block your children from chat
groups, you could use the Content Advisor in Internet Explorer, for
instance, or monitor their activities closely.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"joan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to control access to the chat rooms. I have
> tried client filtering, but I am unable to block the chat
> rooms. What am I doing wrong? What should I be putting in
> the ports and protocols?
>
> I want my kids to use the internet, but concerned about
> their safety.
Anonymous
December 27, 2004 1:33:52 PM

Thanks for the reply, but I was hoping to use my MN-700
router since they have their own computers.

Anonymous
December 27, 2004 2:04:55 PM

Difficult to do, unless you want to check the IP addresses, and then ban the
computers via MAC address for specific IPs. It would take the time to
invest in determining where they're going (History will show you) and then
enter all the individual IPs.
--

!