Blocking Chat Rooms

Hi,

I am trying to control access to the chat rooms. I have
tried client filtering, but I am unable to block the chat
rooms. What am I doing wrong? What should I be putting in
the ports and protocols?

I want my kids to use the internet, but concerned about
their safety.
3 answers Last reply
More about blocking chat rooms

    You'd be better off posting to one of the public newsgroups which support
    the browser you're using. If you want to block your children from chat
    groups, you could use the Content Advisor in Internet Explorer, for
    instance, or monitor their activities closely.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "joan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to control access to the chat rooms. I have
    > tried client filtering, but I am unable to block the chat
    > rooms. What am I doing wrong? What should I be putting in
    > the ports and protocols?
    >
    > I want my kids to use the internet, but concerned about
    > their safety.

    Thanks for the reply, but I was hoping to use my MN-700
    router since they have their own computers.

    Difficult to do, unless you want to check the IP addresses, and then ban the
    computers via MAC address for specific IPs. It would take the time to
    invest in determining where they're going (History will show you) and then
    enter all the individual IPs.
    --

    > Thanks for the reply, but I was hoping to use my MN-700
    > router since they have their own computers.

Routers Hardware Microsoft Networking