AMD CPU TEMPS?

G

Can anyone give me a "safe" range of CPU temperatures for the following AMD CPU's:

1. k62 500 MHZ
2. Athalon 900 MHZ
3. Duron 1 Gigahertz

Thanks!

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Generally, if you're not overclocking, under 60c is fine for any CPU.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

G

Thanks! So, wow, that's like 160 degrees Fahrenheit? I was worried because my AMD 900 Athalon seems to have increased in running average temperature recently from about 75 to sometimes over 100 degrees, and my roomate's K62 is running even hotter at 114 degrees F. I guess I can relax?

FatBurger

Illustrious
Please...Athlon, not Athalon.

Did someone start a rumor that the name had been changed, or something? Why does everyone think it's Athalon?

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Don't step in the sarcasm!

eden

Champion
Fat we share the same annoyance feeling. I simply don't grasp how people can mistakenly slip their finger to the other side of the keyboard and put that damn A between the H and L! For crying out loud the H and L are both on the other side, so how did A end up in between!

--
For the first time, Hookers are hooked on Phonics!!

eden

Champion
But to answer your Q, I get 43º on average and up to 48º after games. Consider this a normal temp for AXPs. It really depends on your cooling. For example my Volcano 7 gives me such temps, while someone's V6 could give 45º idle. The point is that you shouldn't worry until you're more than 55º IMO. I've set that temp to be the warning temp on my mobo, and 60º for auto-shut off, since it's the mobo diode who measures, so it isn't as accurate as on-die diode for the AXP, so just to be safe, put the lower temps as warnings.

--
For the first time, Hookers are hooked on Phonics!!