Problem Installing Windows 7 On New Build

jimmytractorboy

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
Hi All,

I've just finished building my new desktop and am trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit but im having problems doing so. I will describe the problem in the hope that somebody else has encountered it before:

When i boot from the DVD it says "windows is loading files....." and the bar goes across twice as normal.
It then says starting windows as normal with the windows 7 logo.
Then the blue windows 7 background appears like normal with the squiggly lines and the leaves, but rather than a window asking what language you would like to install windows in a command prompt appears with the heading

"Administrator: X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe"

In the command prompt is written:

"Micrososft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]

X:\windows\system32>"

If i type in the command prompt letters come up, but not the ones i type! So i cant even run any commands from it.

If i click the x on the command prompt to get rid of it the computer restarts.

My hardware specs are as follows:

Asus sabertooth 990FX R2.0 motherboard
AMD FX-8350 black edition cpu
Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 1866mhz RAM
Western Digial Velociraptor 1600HLHX HDD
OCZ evostream 720w PSU
Nvidea GeForce 21O temporary graphics card

I have tried a few different windows 7 discs, and i have tried installing from bootable USB, none of which made any difference.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

James

txsouthpaw

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
I am no expert on the matter, but I would guess that there might be an issue with your RAM. If you would, try configuring your RAM to run at 1333MHz, CAS 9-9-9-24 at the rated voltage in the BIOS. See if that fixes your problem and stabilize the RAM at 1866MHz post install.

jimmytractorboy

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013

Thanks for the suggestion, but it made no difference, still does exactly the same :(

Any more suggestions? Please if you think you can help then let me know, im getting so desperate with this now!

RealBeast

Titan
That is probably the Windows Preinstallation Environment (WinPE).

Are your drives attached to the AMD SATA ports -- not the ASMedia? Has the HDD ever been used on another machine and has an OS? I would download the free MEMTEST86, burn it to a CD, and run a quick memory test just to insure that is not an issue.

rvenegas

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013

Hi, actually i`m having the same issues with same MOBO , memory and processor. The weird part is I installed Ubuntu and system works flawless, i`m just having issues when I try to install Windows 7 when it says "uncompressing files" or "installing files". Immediately systems freeze. It`s a shame I can't use my new MOBO and Processor.

BTW I already upgrade my BIOS.

Latest posts