Windows 7 IE (Internet Explorer) problem.

Windows 7 deault IE 9 ... when I open it.. It always open an extra tab one which is default MSN homepage and other tab which show "Your Browser Has Been Upgraded " ... I close this extra tab manually . Again when I start IE it appears again.

If you know how to stop this extra tab from opening ?.... I have checked homepage as "Use blank page " in homepage in Internet options -> General Tab -> Homepage... And no other homepage is there.
6 answers Last reply
More about windows internet explorer problem
  1. Go to tools and options in IE 9
    Look at your home page tabs, and see if there are 2 listed, and delete the 1 you want to delete.
  2. ss202sl said:
    Go to tools and options in IE 9
    Look at your home page tabs, and see if there are 2 listed, and delete the 1 you want to delete.

Done that before...it did not solve my problem.
  3. Try clearing your cookies, history, and privacy settings since you said you already tried the previous steps. Otherwise other than that if it still keeps popping up, re-install IE9 and see if that solves it for you.
  4. mightymaxio said:
    Try clearing your cookies, history, and privacy settings since you said you already tried the previous steps. Otherwise other than that if it still keeps popping up, re-install IE9 and see if that solves it for you.

I have deleted everything from IE by using shortcut keys = left ctrl + left shift + del keys. The problem is still there.
    I will uninstall IE and install it but will wait till tomorrow if some other user have solution without need to uninstall IE.
  5. What are your settings for "tabs"?
    I have mine ticked on enable tab groups and only open the first home page when ie starts.
    This may help..
    JQ
  6. johnnyq1233 said:
    What are your settings for "tabs"?
    I have mine ticked on enable tab groups and only open the first home page when ie starts.
    This may help..
    JQ

Screenshots of IE 9 on my PC.

1) Even I select don't use recommended settings and click OK...than also it ask me again next time I start IE. I think here is the problem it don't accept my "don't use recommended settings" when I tick and click OK..... :P
    Screenshot 1

2) The screenshot of the extra tab.
    Screenshot 2

3) General Tab screenshot of which Is empty and no homepage is selected.
    Screenshot 3

4) I have selected the option open only homepage when IE start...still it seem to behave on its own and again same two tabs are opened when I start IE.
    Screenshot 4
Ask a new question

Read More

Internet Explorer Windows 7