Via C3 CPUs

Does Tom's Hardware plan on doing a CPU review of the Via C3 processors (with comparison to Celerons and Durons) anytime in the near future?
12 answers Last reply
More about cpus
  1. I'd advise you to email and ask. None of the authors ever come to the forum.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
    Don't step in the sarcasm!
  2. There is a good one work reason why noone bothers: crap!!

Jesus saves, but Mario scores!!!
  3. maybe...
    but they do have advantages (running with a passive cooler for instance)

and besides, we would like to know HOW crap

I love helping people in Toms Forums... It reinforces my intellectual superiority! :smile:
  4. You could underclock anything to run as poorly as the C3, and run passive cooling with lower voltage.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
  5. <font color=green>
    Quote:
    I'd advise you to email and ask. None of the authors ever come to the forum.

</font color=green>Of course this assumes that they actually read their email. I know that I've sent a great many emails with suggestions that have gone completely unanswered.

<pre><font color=green>//error-proof coding</font color=green>
    <font color=blue>void</font color=blue> main(){<font color=blue>return</font color=blue>;}</pre><p>
  6. I wouldn't be suprised if you could run a Tualatin or even a Coppermine slower and lower power consumption and still beat a C3 in performance...
    I think I've gotten over my urge to try a Cyrix... lol
    the math is just horrible...

<i>Better to be silent and thought an idiot than to speak and remove all doubt.</i>
  7. I have received replies, though not always. I've never talked to a reviewer that didn't read every email, but when 50 people ask the same question, chances are they won't answer all of them.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
    Don't step in the sarcasm!
  8. I wouldn't mind seeing a review of their Eden platform too. It sounds like it would make a great DVD player/WebTV/TiVo box.

Intel = Ford
    AMD = Chevy
    Friends don't let friends drive Fords
  9. hehe, it would be interesting if nothing else

as far as running with passive cooling, I have a 933 (133 bus) PIII running with just a heatsink....id be willing to bet its faster then any C3 available =)

10. I still want to see someone come up with a CD/DVD/MP3 player box (no larger than any regular DVD player) that can burn CDs, with the ability to also view/listen from an internal hard drive, as well as do everything a TiVo can do, and the ability to be connected to an ethernet to act as a file server.

I mean anyone could probably build a computer in a microATX case for a grand that could do all of this (maybe even for less), but that would still be using an actual computer type interface instead of just a single remote control, so it wouldn't really <i>feel</i> like a home everything appliance, and it would still be in a larger-than-needed case.

<pre><font color=green>//error-proof coding</font color=green>
    <font color=blue>void</font color=blue> main(){<font color=blue>return</font color=blue>;}</pre><p>
  11. Actually the Celeron 800 is faster than any C3 avaialble! Your 933 would undoubtedly kill even a dual processor C3 system, if it were available.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
  12. hahahaha

Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Tom's Hardware Processors