Inspiron 8600c "best" resolution?

I'm faced with 3 resolution options. These are: WXGA, WSXGA and WUXGA.
Which should I go for?

The WUXGA. It has the best screen, whether on a Flat Panel or Laptop.
Both my XPS Laptop and 2000 FP have the ultra and the viewing is gorgeous.

Joan

In news:diucd.636$si.572@lakeread04,
Joan Hansen <user@my.net> typed:
> The WUXGA. It has the best screen, whether on a Flat Panel or Laptop.
> Both my XPS Laptop and 2000 FP have the ultra and the viewing is
> gorgeous.

Thanks Joan. I thought WUXGA might be too small on a 15" laptop? :)

No the real advantage is that you can view the screen from other angles.
It does not fade out. You won't be sorry. The resolutions you must
sit directly in front of it.

Joan

Richard Lewis wrote:
> In news:diucd.636$si.572@lakeread04,
> Joan Hansen <user@my.net> typed:
>
>>The WUXGA. It has the best screen, whether on a Flat Panel or Laptop.
>>Both my XPS Laptop and 2000 FP have the ultra and the viewing is
>>gorgeous.
>

> Thanks Joan. I thought WUXGA might be too small on a 15" laptop? :)

How do you setup the screen so that the icons etc aren't too small Joan? I
found there were problems doing this, but I can't remember what I did now,
it was months ago.

Brian

"Joan Hansen" <user@my.net> wrote in message
> No the real advantage is that you can view the screen from other angles.
> It does not fade out. You won't be sorry. The resolutions you must sit
> directly in front of it.
>
> Joan
>
> Richard Lewis wrote:
>> In news:diucd.636$si.572@lakeread04,
>> Joan Hansen <user@my.net> typed:
>>
>>>The WUXGA. It has the best screen, whether on a Flat Panel or Laptop.
>>>Both my XPS Laptop and 2000 FP have the ultra and the viewing is
>>>gorgeous.
>>

>> Thanks Joan. I thought WUXGA might be too small on a 15" laptop? :)

Brian, I usually use the 800 600 resolution on all my monitors. Then I
decrease the Icons to a smaller size. On the 15" screen the 1024 768
should be OK or you can increase the Icon larger. I never use the
highest resolution. I've tried them all I don't see that the 1600 1200
is any better then the lower resolutions. Its my preference because I
like everything (text) large size and filling the screen. I do play
games and most of the latest games will change the resolution and then
when you quit it returns to the resolution you had.

I suggest you just try all the resolutions and choose the one that suits
you best. You can change these resolutions without rebooting.

Joan

Brian K wrote:

> How do you setup the screen so that the icons etc aren't too small Joan? I
> found there were problems doing this, but I can't remember what I did now,
> it was months ago.
>
> Brian
>

> "Joan Hansen" <user@my.net> wrote in message
>
>>No the real advantage is that you can view the screen from other angles.
>>It does not fade out. You won't be sorry. The resolutions you must sit
>>directly in front of it.
>>
>>Joan
>>
>>Richard Lewis wrote:
>>
>>>In news:diucd.636$si.572@lakeread04,
>>>Joan Hansen <user@my.net> typed:

>>>Thanks Joan. I thought WUXGA might be too small on a 15" laptop? :)

I keep reading about native resolutions but you feel that other resolutions
are just as clear?

I don't have a laptop, I've just assisted friends with their setup.

"Brian K" <iibntgyea4_ remove_this_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I keep reading about native resolutions but you feel that other resolutions
>are just as clear?
>
> I don't have a laptop, I've just assisted friends with their setup.

I have a Dell Inspiron 8000 with a 15" 1600*1200 display. I'm 42 years old
and don't wear glasses or contacts and I have no problem leaving all icons
and text at default sizes. To run the display at anything other than default
resolution (1600*1200) leads to a fuzziness that is truly annoying.

I can see no point in spending extra money on a high resolution display and
then purposely running at lower resolutions. If you don't want to see lots
of data at once, e.g. web pages side by side, or a really big spreadsheet,
or a photo above 2megapixels, then save your money and get a 1024*768
display or similar. You will be happier with the price and the view.

Personally, having used 1600*1200 for over three years, I would only ever
want at least that as a minimum, and preferably 1920*1200 or even more. But
I've got great eyesight........

Thank is what I've been thinking. A friend has 1920*1200 and it's a problem
for those of us who need glasses. Using large icons and large fonts helps
somewhat but introduces problems viewing web pages.

Brian