Hot CPU?

G

Hi Everyone,
I have an Athalon XP 2000+ The thing stays consistantly at 55c and 60 when performinf heavy operations. Is this too hot for a CPU that isn't overclocked. I use the stock heat sink and i have two other fans around the CPU. The exaust fan appears to be blowing cool air out of the case. Would that cause a problem?

Mike

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
As long as your computer is stable and you're not overclocking that temperature is fine.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

G

Hey AMD Man,
Do you have any suggestions to get better case cooling? Thanx

Mike

FatBurger

Illustrious
AARRRRRGGHH!!!!
Why does everyone think it's "Athalon"? :frown:

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Don't step in the sarcasm!

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
You don't need better case cooling, you need a better CPU cooler if you want to get the temperature down. But again, if you're not having any problems, then that temperature is fine.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
As Matisaro said, if your system is stable, who cares?

If you still care...

What motherboard are you using? Asus boards in particular are getting a reputation for over-reporting their temperatures, especially with Asus Probe software. Try using motherboard monitor if you are not already.

What is your (system/case/northbridge) temperature? This temperature will give you an indication of your ambient case temperature, and gauge the effectiveness of your chassis cooling.

-* <font color=red> !! S O L D !! </font color=red> *-
To the gentleman in the pink Tutu

10GHZ

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002
the best way 2 deal with heat would be
2 have 4 case fan.. that's 2 at the front for intake and 2 at the back for outtake.. the back ones should be high RPM say 3000 rpm+... then u should use AS3 between your cpu and your HSF. the hsf should also be high performance i'm running a xp1.6 and using golbalwin wbk38 + 2 case fan.. i was able 2 get my temp down 2 40 on idel and 45 max on load
case temp around 30. i can proabably get it even lower if i stick more fan in.. but i got 2 many other stuff happening.

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
Certainly sounds like a good solution for a noisy system at any rate.

-* <font color=red> !! S O L D !! </font color=red> *-
To the gentleman in the pink Tutu