joeman99

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
Hii,

i have hp pavilion dv2308tx notebook and running win 7 some days ago there is annoying fatal error i have been facing

description of problem: after running 2-3 hours when i restart it i have been getting blue screen error either restart in safe mode or normal mode..and if i wait 10-15 min and start again it boot normally also its get heating after sometimes on left bottom side of it. so is this problem due to heating or what?

i need help from you guys.

note that i have installed fresh win 7 OS even though problem is occuring.

i attach here link to snapshot of blue screen pls go through it and help me out from this disgusting problem

download-623f6263.html

download-394d2215.html

pls do needfull.

If you do find your temps are high, and I suspect you will, you will need to dismantle your laptop to clean it properly, as there is likely to be a build up of dust inside the cooling fan itself, which will require dismantling to remove. You may get away with blasting the fan vents with compressed air to dislodge the dust, but the only sure method is dismantling. You will need some small tools and a manual.
http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01035657/c01035657.pdf

Stop codes could be caused by many probs. Wise to check out your RAM and your HDD. If you have 2 sticks of RAM try running with only one at a time and see if the problem repeats. Check your HDD for errors.
Try 'Start', type cmd and Rt Click on Command Prompt. Choose 'Run as Administrator'
Type chkdsk /f /r (note the spaces)hit 'Enter'
Type Y and Enter to run chkdsk when you restart your machine.
This process takes a long time, keep an eye on the screen to see if many errors are found. The whole drive is checked for errors and repairs are made where possible. If you have a hardware problem like faulty RAM or failed HDD I would expect chkdsk won't complete

joeman99

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011

no but i downloaded that softwr right now m in office after 7 pm when i reach home i ll check that and upload here result.

thanks man u r genius.....i think u r going to solve my prbls.
have u seen that two pics i uploaded??? and sure i will do what u said at home. and update you with result.

thanks again....

joeman99

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011

no but i downloaded that softwr right now m in office after 7 pm when i reach home i ll check that and upload here result.

thanks man u r genius.....i think u r going to solve my prbls.
have u seen that two pics i uploaded??? and sure i will do what u said at home. and update you with result.

thanks again....

CPU a bit warm. Does Speccy not show the GPU? Lets stress your machine a bit whilst observing Speccy. Run the Windows Assessment with Speccy running, 'Start', Rt Click on Computer, choose properties. Click Windows Experience Index and then 'Re run Assessment'. Click on the Speccy Icon on your taskbar so it shows the temps while the assessment is being run and note the highest temp your CPU gets to.

joeman99

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
i have ran that test and result is below

cpu - 98c
motherboard-87c
hdd-remain constant 51c

one thing i forgot to ask u that bottom left side of notebook gets hot whereas rightside cool ...why so??

joeman99

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
i have ran that test and result is below

cpu - 98c
motherboard-87c
hdd-remain constant 51c

one thing i forgot to ask u that bottom left side of notebook gets hot whereas rightside cool ...why so??

Way too warm. That side gets warm because the CPU and GPU are located there. Sounds like you're going to have to strip and clean. Can you hear the fan running normally?
I'll help you with the dismantling if you wish, you'll need small Philips screwdrivers and a flat bladed kitchen knife like this
3FyupbU.png

for separating the Switch cover and top cover from the base.
Have a few small glasses or cups (egg cups are perfect) for keeping the screws separate for each stage of the disassembly.
Go straight to P191 of the manual, it will list everything you need to remove to get at the fan. Take care with the connectors, especially the ribbon connectors, ease the little dark coloured tabs back on the outside ends of the connectors to release the ribbons.

joeman99

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
yes when i do loaded work (when CPU reach at 98c) fan sound gets higher and in normal condition fan dont make noise..

so you want me to clean dust? i think CPU need to put hitsink am i right??

thanks for reply and i am sure that this blue screen error is due to heat in CPU.

Probably cleaning the dust from the fan will be enough, but renewing the thermal paste is always a good idea as it may have dried out during overheating. Be aware that disassembling the laptop is by no means easy... Some laptops benefit from adding copper shims to the GPUs but I believe yours won't need that.

joeman99

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011

thanks and will be back here after cleaning notebook....be in touch.
thanks again for helping me.:) have a good day