HELP! Will Athlon-XP-2100 work on KG7-RAID?

Damon0306

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Wanted to upgrade my system from an Athlon 1400 to and Athlon-XP 2100.

I am running on a KG7-RAID with latest BIOS, here is bios detail.

Filename: KG768.EXE
Date: 01/28/2002
ID: 68

NOTE:
Support AMD AthlonXP 2000+ and Morgan Duron 1300 CPU.
Fix ACPI error message in Windows XP Event Viewer.
Support 3.5GB memory while four sticks of 1G DDR memory installes.
Fix performance drop after STR mode by Sisoft Sandra 2000.
Update HPT370 BIOS to 2.0.1024.
Support 48 bit LBA for HDD larger than 137GB.
Change the default year to 2002.

Thanx for any help..

FatBurger

Illustrious
Yes it will work, but I don't think the upgrade is worth the cash.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Don't step in the sarcasm!

kief

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2001
I agree, its not worth it inless you have a real life app that need the extra juice that bad. I have the same exact board and chip. If you dont have the app or money to waste wait for hammer, or at least tbred =)

Jesus saves, but Mario scores!!!

Damon0306

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
It would be a $330 upgrade. After thinking it over I think I agree with you guyz.

Will the newer chips be able to run on my KG7-RAID? I love this board, and don't want to trash it anytime soon.

FatBurger

Illustrious
Yes, anything through Thoroughbred should run on your KG7.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

Damon0306

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Are they going to make Athlon-XP 2200's? Or will there be a new name for the processor?

What I am trying to figure out is what you think will be the last FASTEST processor I will be able to use on my KG7-RAID motherboard.

I was reading about the Claw Hammer Processor, and from the brief readings I don't think it will run on my motherboard.

Just would like some sort of roadmap that will show what processors are coming up that WILL STILL WORK on a KG7-RAID motherboard.

If there comming out with faster XP processors like a 2200 or 2300, then I will wait.

FatBurger

Illustrious
There will be faster processors that will run on your motherboard.

Hammer has a completely different socket (two different sockets, actually), so you'll need a new motherboard for it.