Arcane Strike

Last response: in Video Games
a b } Memory
June 7, 2005 2:24:19 PM

Does anyone have "Complete Warrior" handy who tell me the preqs for this
feat? I have a fancy to make an Eldritch Knight who fights this way. I
*think* it is +4 bab and the ability to cast 3rd level arcane spells but
my memory isn't reliable.

More about : arcane strike

Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 7, 2005 2:24:20 PM

Mere moments before death, Symbol hastily scrawled:
>Does anyone have "Complete Warrior" handy who tell me the preqs for this
>feat? I have a fancy to make an Eldritch Knight who fights this way. I
>*think* it is +4 bab and the ability to cast 3rd level arcane spells but
>my memory isn't reliable.

Ability to cast 3rd level spells, BAB 4+.

HTH, HAND.

Ed Chauvin IV

modifier G @ 11.

--Terry Austin
Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 7, 2005 2:24:20 PM

Less cryptically:

You're right
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 7, 2005 3:17:40 PM

Symbol wrote:

> Does anyone have "Complete Warrior" handy who tell me the preqs for this
> feat? I have a fancy to make an Eldritch Knight who fights this way. I
> *think* it is +4 bab and the ability to cast 3rd level arcane spells but
> my memory isn't reliable.

Luke, trust your feelings.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 7, 2005 5:30:00 PM

"Christopher Adams" <mhacdebhandia@yahoo.invalid> wrote in message
news:o nfpe.6776$F7.4567@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> Symbol wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone have "Complete Warrior" handy who tell me the preqs for
this
> > feat? I have a fancy to make an Eldritch Knight who fights this way. I
> > *think* it is +4 bab and the ability to cast 3rd level arcane spells
but
> > my memory isn't reliable.
>
> Luke, trust your feelings.

Excellent. That means a replacement 9th level character (F/W/EK) can take
the feat. Thanks for confirming.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 7, 2005 6:01:36 PM

Jasin Zujovic wrote:
> In article <fJ6dnS-Z5Lu0CzjfRVnytw@pipex.net>, jb70@talk21.com says...

> > > Luke, trust your feelings.
> >
> > Excellent. That means a replacement 9th level character (F/W/EK) can take
> > the feat. Thanks for confirming.
>
> BTW, does anyone else find it painfully ironic that a Ftr1/Wiz5/Eld1
> exactly meets the prerequisites and can choose a feat granted by the
> quintessential core Ftr/Wiz class... and cannot choose Arcane Strike?
>
> Easy enough to house rule it, but still... :)

He doesn't get another feat till level 9, at which point he will
have BAB+5. Not qualifying for a feat at a time when you don't
have a feat available is not really a big problem.

I don't think you can come up with a reasonable build that will
have any levels of EK, a feat available, and not qualify.

DougL
Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 7, 2005 6:55:17 PM

Donald Tsang wrote:
> DougL <doug.lampert@tdytsi.com> wrote:
> >Jasin Zujovic wrote:
> >> BTW, does anyone else find it painfully ironic that a Ftr1/Wiz5/Eld1
> >> exactly meets the prerequisites and can choose a feat granted by the
> >> quintessential core Ftr/Wiz class... and cannot choose Arcane Strike?
> >>
> >> Easy enough to house rule it, but still... :)
> >
> >He doesn't get another feat till level 9, at which point he will
> >have BAB+5. Not qualifying for a feat at a time when you don't
> >have a feat available is not really a big problem.
>
> I think you're forgetting about the bonus feat that the EKn gets at 1st,
> which Jasin mentioned in a difficult-to-understand manner.

Yep, forgot it completely. I don't use the EK in my campaign
so it slipped my mind that they do get a bonus feat.

> The correct solution is to take Wiz6 before EKn 1. And maybe SSw 1, too,
> if you're feeling particularly munchy.

Wiz 6 doesn't hurt much. You get +1 to every save, +1 BAB, +1
Caster level, and lose only 1HP on average compared to an EK.
But unless Arcane strike is a fighter feat it doesn't help, your
EK bonus feat must be one that a fighter can take as his bonus
feat.

DougL
Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 7, 2005 8:48:21 PM

--
Jasin Zujovic
jzujovic@inet.hr

"Jasin Zujovic" <jzujovic@inet.hr> wrote in message
> In article <fJ6dnS-Z5Lu0CzjfRVnytw@pipex.net>, jb70@talk21.com says...

> > > Luke, trust your feelings.
> >
> > Excellent. That means a replacement 9th level character (F/W/EK) can
take
> > the feat. Thanks for confirming.
>
> BTW, does anyone else find it painfully ironic that a Ftr1/Wiz5/Eld1
> exactly meets the prerequisites and can choose a feat granted by the
> quintessential core Ftr/Wiz class... and cannot choose Arcane Strike?

They only have +3 BAB thanks to the Wizard's especially pants advancement
in the first 5 levels.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 8, 2005 1:33:04 AM

DougL <doug.lampert@tdytsi.com> wrote:
>Jasin Zujovic wrote:
>> BTW, does anyone else find it painfully ironic that a Ftr1/Wiz5/Eld1
>> exactly meets the prerequisites and can choose a feat granted by the
>> quintessential core Ftr/Wiz class... and cannot choose Arcane Strike?
>>
>> Easy enough to house rule it, but still... :)
>
>He doesn't get another feat till level 9, at which point he will
>have BAB+5. Not qualifying for a feat at a time when you don't
>have a feat available is not really a big problem.

I think you're forgetting about the bonus feat that the EKn gets at 1st,
which Jasin mentioned in a difficult-to-understand manner.

The correct solution is to take Wiz6 before EKn 1. And maybe SSw 1, too,
if you're feeling particularly munchy.

--
Donald
Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 8, 2005 2:26:16 AM

Symbol wrote:

> So no Arcane requirement? A Battle Cleric of some kind is suddenly
> becomming more attractive....

No, it *is* arcane spells of 3rd level.

--
Christopher Adams - Sydney, Australia
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you

Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the
leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked,
and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to
danger. It works the same in any country.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 8, 2005 4:39:22 AM

DougL wrote:
> Donald Tsang wrote:
>
>>DougL <doug.lampert@tdytsi.com> wrote:

>>>He doesn't get another feat till level 9, at which point he will
>>>have BAB+5. Not qualifying for a feat at a time when you don't
>>>have a feat available is not really a big problem.
>>
>>I think you're forgetting about the bonus feat that the EKn gets at 1st,
>>which Jasin mentioned in a difficult-to-understand manner.
>

> Yep, forgot it completely. I don't use the EK in my campaign
> so it slipped my mind that they do get a bonus feat.
>

>>The correct solution is to take Wiz6 before EKn 1. And maybe SSw 1, too,
>>if you're feeling particularly munchy.

Think about a Warmage3/Paladin3-combo. Arcane Strige at lvl 6 with
5+bonus spells/day to strike with. Choose Battle Caster, get decent
strenght and smite/arcane strike-away. You'll get awesome saves to.

Robert Karlsson Svärd
- playing a Warmage 2 at the time in a low lvl campaign
Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 8, 2005 1:25:59 PM

> Symbol wrote:
> >
> > So no Arcane requirement? A Battle Cleric of some kind is suddenly
> > becomming more attractive....
>
> No, it *is* arcane spells of 3rd level.

Yeah so I see, plan A it is then.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 8, 2005 2:21:22 PM

In article <U9qdnQy8V9jvJzjfRVnytg@pipex.net>, jb70@talk21.com says...

> > BTW, does anyone else find it painfully ironic that a Ftr1/Wiz5/Eld1
> > exactly meets the prerequisites and can choose a feat granted by the
> > quintessential core Ftr/Wiz class... and cannot choose Arcane Strike?
>
> They only have +3 BAB thanks to the Wizard's especially pants advancement
> in the first 5 levels.

Eh?

+1 from Ftr1, +1 from Eld1, +2 from Wiz5 = +4.

--
Jasin Zujovic
jzujovic@inet.hr

> In article <U9qdnQy8V9jvJzjfRVnytg@pipex.net>, jb70@talk21.com says...
>
> > > BTW, does anyone else find it painfully ironic that a Ftr1/Wiz5/Eld1
> > > exactly meets the prerequisites and can choose a feat granted by the
> > > quintessential core Ftr/Wiz class... and cannot choose Arcane
Strike?

> > They only have +3 BAB thanks to the Wizard's especially pants
advancement
> > in the first 5 levels.
>
> Eh?
>
> +1 from Ftr1, +1 from Eld1, +2 from Wiz5 = +4.

I think I was smoking a whole load of crack yesterday. Managed to get just
about everything wrong so just ignore me.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 8, 2005 2:55:05 PM

In article <pmppe.893$vS6.548@amstwist00>, rks@chello.se says...

> Think about a Warmage3/Paladin3-combo. Arcane Strige at lvl 6

I don't think warmage 3 gets you 3rd-level spells...

--
Jasin Zujovic
jzujovic@inet.hr

Jasin Zujovic wrote:
> In article <pmppe.893$vS6.548@amstwist00>, rks@chello.se says...
>

>>Think about a Warmage3/Paladin3-combo. Arcane Strige at lvl 6
>

> I don't think warmage 3 gets you 3rd-level spells...

Nope, and I seem to have beeen smoking some grass too, last night. I
*think* I read "arcane caster lvl 3" instead of "arcane spells lvl 3". Doh!

Robert Karlsson Svärd
!