How to ISO file of Win7 OS to USB?

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • ISO
  • CD-Rom
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
February 22, 2013 5:01:47 AM

I had a ISO file of Window7 OS that I wanted to format my new hard drive but my laptop CD-ROM is broken and I do not have a cable to connect to my desktop CD-ROM or a external CD-ROM. So how I burn my ISO file into my flash drive? I had tried " win7usbtool" is not working. Anyone have other way to do it so?

More about : iso file win7 usb

February 22, 2013 5:20:50 AM

i had tried this but is not working
m
l
Related resources
February 22, 2013 5:23:14 AM

AnthonyChua said:

Then you are not doing it correctly.
Read the instructions and try again.
m
l
February 22, 2013 5:42:30 AM

Guide to creating bootable Win 7 USB

After you create the bootable usb.
Reboot your laptop with the usb still connected.
Enter "boot options" by pressing the the corresponding function key, usually F10-could be different. You normally see a message like "Press F10 to enter boot options"
Once you enter boot options you will see the pen-drive listed along with the hdd and DVD drive.
Select your pen-drive and hit enter.
Follow the on-screen instructions.
m
l

Best solution

February 22, 2013 6:45:34 AM

AnthonyChua said:

It works fine if you do it right, but if you want an easier tool, try this: Universal-USB-Installer
it's mainly for Linux distributions but at the bottom of the menu you can select other O/S like Windows 7, 8, Vista, etc.
February 22, 2013 12:14:01 PM

Thanks for kaos and baladin i tried the Win7DvdTool when browse for iso file it say iso file not valid.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 22, 2013 1:06:33 PM

Try using this tool. If you get the same error, then you've definitely got a bad iso.
http://www.isotousb.com/
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 22, 2013 1:14:27 PM

AnthonyChua said:
Thanks for kaos and baladin i tried the Win7DvdTool when browse for iso file it say iso file not valid.

What iso are you trying it with, one downloaded from MS or some torrented pirated version?
m
l
February 22, 2013 1:24:26 PM

For the sake of learning i used Win 7 USB/DVD download tool to make a bootable USB drive on a "custom" vista iso, "custom" win 7 iso and a "custom" win 8 iso.

They all work. If your having an issue with an invalid iso then the problem is the ISO. Get a new one.

m
l
February 22, 2013 1:24:35 PM

I think you can download the legit ISOs direct from MS now.... or is that only for msdn partners?
m
l
February 23, 2013 5:30:51 AM

Thank You Guys Thanks all of you I solve my problem the Universal USB Installer works ^^ Thanks!!
m
l
February 23, 2013 5:31:11 AM

Best answer selected by AnthonyChua.
m
l
!