Olfin_Bedwere

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2001
I was cleaning out some old PC Magazines the other day. One of which had a tongue-in-cheek news section at the back. In one issue, just after the P3 was announced, opposite an article about 'Microsoft Linux 98' was this:

'Intel has announced an new processor, the P5 (Pentium 5), due for release in 2003. Not only will the P5 require a compatible motherboard, but it will also need a compliant case, hard drive and graphics card. Intel said "We just want our customers to keep up to speed with the latest technology."'

And with P4 M/Bs needing ATX12V PSUs and 1.5v AGP cards, and with Serial ATA on the way, it seems that this 'joke' actually came true!

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i suppose that was kind of a silicon tabloid.., i mean MS Linux, Pentium 5! just rumors?

<font color=red>Nothing is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
I think they were joking, and his point is that what they felt would be tongue in cheek, actually turned out to be true.

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
And yet there will also always be third-party chipset manufacturers who will ensure that the customer can use whatever there is a demand for. :)

<pre><font color=green>//error-proof coding</font color=green>
<font color=blue>void</font color=blue> main(){<font color=blue>return</font color=blue>;}</pre><p>

TRENDING THREADS