Sign in with
Your question

Unable to load

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 3, 2011 8:22:11 AM

hi there i have the dell D630 but its stopped working the dell start comes on then the bar only goes half way then it shuts down each time it does this any idea whats wrong please.

More about : unable load

a c 572 D Laptop
August 3, 2011 12:32:59 PM

Hello zechariah;

Have you tested the Hard Disk drive to see if it's working OK?
a c 572 D Laptop
August 3, 2011 12:37:45 PM

One thing you can do is use a bootable CD/DVD to see if you can get the system booted.
You can make yourself an AVG Rescue Disk that won't need a HDD to boot your laptop.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 3, 2011 5:03:16 PM

WR2 said:
Hello zechariah;

Have you tested the Hard Disk drive to see if it's working OK?

yes the hard drive is fine when i start up the screen looks pink i has started up but oly last about a minute after getting past the dell screen then cuts out if i try to restart same thing happens
a c 572 D Laptop
August 3, 2011 5:13:13 PM

Did the AVG Rescue Disk load up OK?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 4, 2011 10:04:18 AM

WR2 said:
Did the AVG Rescue Disk load up OK?

no unable to load it seems from another friend it could be the Processor Thermal-Cooling Assembly thats broken down
August 4, 2011 5:01:55 PM

Pink-ish or orange-ish screen indicates a bad bulb in the lcd.

Does the laptop turn completely off? Or does it stay on and the screen is what goes blank?

If it's just the screen going blank, considering your description of the color shade, you would need a new screen. Try using an external monitor and see if it boots ok.

If the laptop shuts off completely, not so much a heat issue that early in the boot. It would need more time to get hot enough to shut off. Could be bad ram? Try using one stick of ram at a time. Could be bad power adapter, is the battery any good?? Several things could be causing it to shut off.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 4, 2011 7:25:12 PM

i tried a separate screen no good same problem,i tried ram issue same,battery good,adapter new,so i think its for dell haeven.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 5, 2011 5:24:50 PM

thanks for all the help i got an advent now so lets hope this lasts.
!