Sign in with
Your question

dual AMD

Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
March 13, 2002 6:13:55 AM

I want to buy a dual AMD board. But what CPU should I buy for it? ...Because I've heard that both AMD MP and XP are working in dual mode, but an AMD MP is about 50-75% more expensive than an AMD XP CPU! Are there going to be any drawbacks is I choose XP over MP?
Thank you!

Dany.

More about : dual amd

March 13, 2002 8:39:40 AM

Buy a good board like the Asus A7M266-D

XP works in MP mode with no prob, just it isnt supposed to do it officially. i guess there wont be any problems using XP instead of MP, just that you will be saving a lot (for 2 cpus) with XPs!

girish

<font color=red>Nothing is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
March 13, 2002 8:58:29 AM

I was thinking of buying the MSI MS-6501 motherboard. Can you give some reasons why I should buy the Asus MB instead? Is it better?
I've seen in some tests that it's difficult if not impossible to install oversized coolers on the Asus MB, while the MSI MB has no problems with that... That's why I've choosed the MSI MB over the Asus one.

Thanks,
Dany.
Related resources
March 13, 2002 9:51:03 AM

son of a....

I run duals because i multitask between notepad, outlook express and winamp :lol: 
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
March 13, 2002 10:36:47 AM

I run duals because I'm working with 3DSMax, Lightwave and I'm writing applications that simulate natural phenomena...
March 18, 2002 4:52:05 AM

i think that there is no more spaceon the msi look at the picture on the website
March 18, 2002 5:16:35 AM

Quote:
I run duals because I'm working with 3DSMax, Lightwave and I'm writing applications that simulate natural phenomena...

you go girl

I run duals because i multitask between notepad, outlook express and winamp :lol: 
!