All my files are in vlc media format and they cant open

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnold_07

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
i opened one file using another program and on my screen , all files couldn't open using this programme. i have tried changing it back to its default programme but whenever i do this, all the other files just change to tha programme and cannot open either.pliz help me out

hitesh12

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
Check this with some other files and see if they are working or not. If they are, then there is some problem with the previous files, might be corrupt.
Otherwise use another media player like GOM or download the newest version of VLC

arnold_07

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
okay. the thing is all the programs that i am using have all failed. this is what my problem is; for example the icon for Adobe reader X, right now it appears as that of the vlc unlike before and all i want is to change it back to normal because it has failed to open

Donbosco Rajkumar

Honorable
May 5, 2013

Try the lnk and exe file associarion fixes at the link below.

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/file-asso-fixes-for-windows-7/

right click exe and save as the zip file .... then extract to desktop , right click and give merge ......

ITguy_in_training

Reputable
Mar 20, 2015
I HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!

i used that link and it added the changes to the registry, but it only changed the icons down the bottom. (all the email, internet browser, google chrome etc were all shown as witches hats, the vlc icon). When i clicked on the email icon, it just opened in a vlc file again.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this, using the registry? and please be precise in your instructions!!! thankyou

ITguy_in_training

Reputable
Mar 20, 2015

Can you please be more specific about changing the icon? how do i change it, from the very start? what do i click on?

Status
Not open for further replies.