Sign in with
Your question

All my files are in vlc media format and they cant open

Last response: in Windows 7
February 22, 2013 8:10:51 AM

i opened one file using another program and on my screen , all files couldn't open using this programme. i have tried changing it back to its default programme but whenever i do this, all the other files just change to tha programme and cannot open either.pliz help me out
February 22, 2013 8:19:06 AM

Check this with some other files and see if they are working or not. If they are, then there is some problem with the previous files, might be corrupt.
Otherwise use another media player like GOM or download the newest version of VLC
m
l
February 22, 2013 9:05:26 AM

it has still failed
m
l
Related resources
February 22, 2013 9:10:07 AM

arnold_07 said:
it has still failed

Still failing ?
After downloading new version or playing other files ?

P.S. It would be good if you can write a little bit more properly :) 
m
l
February 22, 2013 9:24:59 AM

okay. the thing is all the programs that i am using have all failed. this is what my problem is; for example the icon for Adobe reader X, right now it appears as that of the vlc unlike before and all i want is to change it back to normal because it has failed to open
m
l
February 22, 2013 9:27:02 AM

Prolly a virus' doing. Do you have an antivirus installed ?
m
l
February 22, 2013 9:45:48 AM

yes.. i do.but then its me who changed this though i dont remember how it happened
m
l
February 22, 2013 10:09:52 AM

please help
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 22, 2013 11:55:18 AM

You've probably broken the .exe file association. Download and run the exe registry fix.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/19449-default-file...

Beyond that, you can manually change the icon if that is bothering you. Within the program files location, there is usually an .ico file. You can go to the properties of the icon, and change its icon.
m
l
May 5, 2013 12:02:57 AM

arnold_07 said:
i opened one file using another program and on my screen , all files couldn't open using this programme. i have tried changing it back to its default programme but whenever i do this, all the other files just change to tha programme and cannot open either.pliz help me out

Try the lnk and exe file associarion fixes at the link below.

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/file-asso-fixes-for-w...

right click exe and save as the zip file .... then extract to desktop , right click and give merge ......
m
l
!