A920 with WIN98SE

I see where the A920 printer is 'specifically' for Win XP.

But I've heard that it WILL run under WIN98SE.

Can anyone verify that? I have 5 printers here and it's the only one
that's USB. And I need my LPT port to interface to BDM or other
interface modules. I can run to the HP DeskJet over in the other room,
but if I could run the A920 here on this machine via USB...

And no, I can't upgrade to XP on this machine or I'll break one of the
apps that I need. I did that on a 'work' machine and now I have to
keep a second machine on the bench next to my main machine with
98SE on it! I'm not gonna have another machine in my bedroom!
And no, I do NOT want to go 'dual boot'.

Mike
2 answers Last reply
More about a920 win98se

    In article <10n6548abfmee42@corp.supernews.com>, joe@user.com (Mike
    Yetsko) says...
    > I see where the A920 printer is 'specifically' for Win XP.
    >
    > But I've heard that it WILL run under WIN98SE.
    >
    > Can anyone verify that? I have 5 printers here and it's the only one
    > that's USB. And I need my LPT port to interface to BDM or other
    > interface modules. I can run to the HP DeskJet over in the other room,
    > but if I could run the A920 here on this machine via USB...
    >
    > And no, I can't upgrade to XP on this machine or I'll break one of the
    > apps that I need. I did that on a 'work' machine and now I have to
    > keep a second machine on the bench next to my main machine with
    > 98SE on it! I'm not gonna have another machine in my bedroom!
    > And no, I do NOT want to go 'dual boot'.

    Why don't you just add another parallel port?

    You might see if some Lexmark driver will run it, but Dell doesn't
    support the 920 on anything but XP.

    --
    http://home.teleport.com/~larryc

    > Why don't you just add another parallel port?
    >
    > You might see if some Lexmark driver will run it, but Dell doesn't
    > support the 920 on anything but XP.

    Actually, I'm considering that. But I'd have to do it via USB, as I'm out
    of slots in my workstation.

    I WAS hoping to actually use the A920, as it looks pretty nice. Otherwise
    it will just be put in my daughters room and only used when she's home
    from school with her laptop.

    But the reason I posted the original question was I saw a comment that
    said a guy was actually using an A920 on WIN98SE, and just wanted to
    verify that. Would be nice to have the scanner feature as well. (I have an
    old Mustek scanner here. Does 9600 interpolated. Nice scanner, but
    slow beyond belief. And every time I use it it wants me to lay a certified
    color card on the thing to scan to make sure it's color corrected and
    takes 10 minutes or more to come up to temperature before it will scan.
    WAY overkill for a home scanner.)

Dell Printers Windows XP Computers