Tbred 2800+ demo at cebit.

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
<A HREF="http://www.clubic.com/n/n5377.html" target="_new">http://www.clubic.com/n/n5377.html</A>

Saw on hardocp today.

This proves at least 2.2ghz topspeed for tbred, thus my stands on the % topspeed gain are not dashed just yet and all evidence still points to my being right.

PS: someone said they would go catatonic if they saw a tbred faster than 2.1ghz, so um, Im waiting.

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!

FatBurger

Illustrious
Someone else posted this I think, it doesn't give a huge amount of info, though.
A 2.2GHz Thoroughbred, though...man, that'd be awesome.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Don't step in the sarcasm!

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Well, I will extrapolate a bit.

We have reason to believe an 1800+ will be released.

1.53ghz>2.2ghz~35% OC.

Not to shabby at all, and I still believe the core can go even higher!

kermit4karate

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2002
Keep dreamin'.

What cooling and what mods were used with the board? Shoot, I could probably get a Northwood 1.6A up to 5GHz given a million dollar custom made motherboard and enough liquid nitrogen.

I'd steal candy from babies if babies carried candy.

draglord

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2002
heh you sound so childish.

umm... uhhh... give me a million dollar and i'll spend it for ya

<b> There is no greater sin against oneself than the failure to believe in one's own worth. </b>

texas_techie

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2001
Hey matisaro,
That was me who said I would be catatonic if T-bred went over 2.1 gigs. If the production models scale to that level by the time hammer is released... i stand by my claim. I will go into a self-induced, spontaneous catatonic shock.

Benchmarks are like sex, everybody loves doing it, everybody thinks they are good at it.

IIB

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2001
umm... Intel showed air-cooled 3Ghz Northwood which is 50% overclocking (actually its not overclocking - its scalbilty).
so this 27~ percent (1.73->2.2) scalbilty still does not prove your point that T-bred will be as Scalible as northwood is (in %)...

and I still hold to my opinon that the P4 circtry is designed to have better scalbilty with thiner litography rather then with 0.18 .

This post is best viewed with common sense enabled<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by iib on 03/16/02 09:07 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Its great, that AMD is finally officially making 2800+ chips, and its just a demo. I would expect them to touch at least XP3500+, just 7 more notches, 467 MHz absolute speed bump! that would get them to about 2.67 GHz raw MHz!

Quite acheiviable, isnt it? And add to it either 166 MHz or 200 MHz FSB, they will blow the P4s away in no time!

girish

<font color=red>Nothing is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>

draglord

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2002
heh heh heh.... ahhh WTF, LOL

one of my friends is on the run from the fbi. he raped a little girl. well he aint my friend no more. no one knows where he is.

please don't ask why i post this here. thanks.

<b> There is no greater sin against oneself than the failure to believe in one's own worth. </b>

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Hey matisaro,
That was me who said I would be catatonic if T-bred went over 2.1 gigs. If the production models scale to that level by the time hammer is released... i stand by my claim. I will go into a self-induced, spontaneous catatonic shock.

Production? I thought you meant top speed, bah.

the 2600+ is on the roadmap and thats 2.03ghz IIRC.

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Keep dreamin'.

What cooling and what mods were used with the board? Shoot, I could probably get a Northwood 1.6A up to 5GHz given a million dollar custom made motherboard and enough liquid nitrogen.

A: I would assume aircooled, but they did not state specifically, however I have read in other places the core voltage was at DEFAULT.(ars-technica open forum IIRC).

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
umm... Intel showed air-cooled 3Ghz Northwood which is 50% overclocking (actually its not overclocking - its scalbilty).
so this 27~ percent (1.73->2.2) scalbilty still does not prove your point that T-bred will be as Scalible as northwood is (in %)...

The willamette topped out at around 2.2ghz not 2ghz(im talking core limits, not market sold chip speeds)2.2>3=~40%

And like I said, it shows the MINIMUM scaling, I highly doubt 2.2ghz is the topspeed, its just the fastest tbred reported YET.

and I still hold to my opinon that the P4 circtry is designed to have better scalbilty with thiner litography rather then with 0.18 .

Thats fine, when you come up with some evidence to back your stand then perhaps we can share it.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Yum! ABit AT7 MAX + 2800+ T-Bred + RV250 = the ultimate computer for summer 2002!

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

Schmide

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2001
<from the article> These new processors will profit from the advantages of the HyperTransport technology which is for the moment used only by NVIDIA on its nForce
Wouldn’t that mean that you would need an nForce to get the ultimate computer for summer of 2002.

All errors are undocumented features waiting to be discovered.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
No, it's just propaganda. Read the specs on the AT7 and you'll understand why I'm impressed by it. See my "Look at this beauty" post in the Motherboards forum.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

IIB

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2001
I conseder the Intel showing of a 3ghz nw not to be the "top-out" spot of thw NW... 3Ghz+ models are on roadmaps with people over-clocking already to more then 3Ghz.

I wont prove my point now - it will be self-proven in 2-4 weeks :)
my beat is that a 1.8Ghz T-bred wont do 2.88Ghz (60% Ocing) or even close with Liquid nitrogen. while a 2.2Ghz NW does 3.5Ghz (around 60%) with Liquid nitrogen.

This post is best viewed with common sense enabled<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by iib on 03/16/02 11:11 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
I wont prove my point now - it will be self-proved in 2-4 weeks :)
my beat is that a 1.8Ghz T-bred wont do 3Ghz (around 70% Ocing) or even close with Liquid nitrogen. while a 2Ghz NW does 3.4Ghz (70%) with Liquid nitrogen.

A: you cant prove your point now, you have no evidence.

B: no one said the tbred would hit 3ghz.

C: You(or someone else) mentioned the 3ghz figure, I didnt. I would estimate the .13 northwood tops out around 3.4ghz, which coming off of a topspeed of 2.2ghz is about 50-60%, which fits in with all predictions I have made.

You are overclocking a below top end cpu with the top end, of course the % will not be the same.(you compare a 2ghz northwood, which is downbinned, to a 1800ghz axp, which is not downbinned and will be the release speed.

Further you continue to ignore the fact the willamette's top speed is 2.2GHZ+ NOT 2ghz.

Just because 2ghz is the fastest cpu they released on the .18 process does NOT mean it is the cores topspeed, hence my statement of 1800mhz for the .18 axp which is a speed NOT RELEASED!

In 3-4 weeks we will see who is correct, I am pretty sure I am, there is no reason why my calculations are wrong, and no one here has brought any reason to light, a process shrink is a universal benifit, it is not core specific to any high degree.

IIB

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2001
corrected my post (actully before i saw your post...)

you cant prove your point too...
none of us can "prove" it.

Im pretty damn sure im right. :)
though i dont really care about it...

This post is best viewed with common sense enabled

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
I cant prove it by demoing to you an overclocked tbred, but I have posted TONS of evidence why my statement is correct.

No one has yet to show any evidence to the contrary, so I ask, why do you disbelieve it?

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
BTW, as I have posted al0ot of times before, the p4 had more core improvements than just the shrink, which Is why I stopped using the p4 as a comparison(used the p3 instead) So dont come here when the tbred tops out at 50% higher saying, SEE, THE P4 HITS 60% YOUR WRONG!!!!

Just fillin ya in.

IIB

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2001
I won't... I think that T-bred will hit 2.5Ghz which would be nice...

This post is best viewed with common sense enabled

TRENDING THREADS