Shuttle's Liquid I.C.E. Cooling Box; Expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Stoner

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
Not everyone is suffering. 145,000,000 workers in America and since the downturn only a bump of unemployment of 2.3%, or about 3.3 million people. I honestly think that number is far less than true, but I will use it as a conservative number, that leaves well over 97.7% of workers (141,700,000), and 100% of the independently wealthy available for purchases like this. Not to mention the good for nothing peice of crap welfare kings and queens this nation just hopped a ton of whipped cream on tip of. I do not think the this is going to be a bad recession, although I think it has been significantly worsened by Paulson, Bush, Barack Obama, The House and Senate leadership and the media by doomsaying "the worst recession since the great depression and may well become the great depression". I am still working, I am still buying things, the only difference between Paulsons "fire in the theater statements" and today is that I have paid off almost all my credit card debt in anticipation of buying all the nice lower priced goodies that a recession makes available, because, "who is going to buy it at that price?" is a prevalent statement in a recession.

I think if our leadership, starting with the "This is the time people will remember that the oceans rise began to slow, and the earth began to heal" craptastic president opening his mouth, saying; "things have been overblown." "There is not going to be a depression." "Companies that are now laying off large portions of their workforce are not in the dire straights they claim they are in, but are taking advantage of the scare tactics environment I myself am guilty of creating to be able to lay people off that do not need to be laid off." "Henry Paulson, for what ever his motives started this stampede, and he is going to be fully investigated to see if he had any financial gains to be made from this kind of market scare, criminal charges will be filed if any wrong doing, no matter how slight it may have been is found.", "Any more down talking of our economy by White House staff will be met with instant firings of those staff members."

Every single economic reading since October has shown that the expected downturn was going to turn mid to late 2009, it was going to be shallow to moderate, and by mid to late 2010 we will have fully turned around to the point of being back where we began.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Why would their extreme gaming rig come with a G45 Northbridge? And don't tell me anyone with $2500 to drop on a tiny computer is going to want to run off the onboard GPU for "low power use". They'd have to take-out the GeForce everytime. If Shuttle was designing their own MB, they should have created a Mini-ATX with SLI or Crossfire support.

scooterlibby

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2008
[citation][nom]A Stoner[/nom]Not everyone is suffering. 145,000,000 workers in America and since the downturn only a bump of unemployment of 2.3%, or about 3.3 million people. I honestly think that number is far less than true, but I will use it as a conservative number, that leaves well over 97.7% of workers (141,700,000), and 100% of the independently wealthy available for purchases like this. Not to mention the good for nothing peice of crap welfare kings and queens this nation just hopped a ton of whipped cream on tip of. I do not think the this is going to be a bad recession, although I think it has been significantly worsened by Paulson, Bush, Barack Obama, The House and Senate leadership and the media by doomsaying "the worst recession since the great depression and may well become the great depression". I am still working, I am still buying things, the only difference between Paulsons "fire in the theater statements" and today is that I have paid off almost all my credit card debt in anticipation of buying all the nice lower priced goodies that a recession makes available, because, "who is going to buy it at that price?" is a prevalent statement in a recession. I think if our leadership, starting with the "This is the time people will remember that the oceans rise began to slow, and the earth began to heal" craptastic president opening his mouth, saying; "things have been overblown." "There is not going to be a depression." "Companies that are now laying off large portions of their workforce are not in the dire straights they claim they are in, but are taking advantage of the scare tactics environment I myself am guilty of creating to be able to lay people off that do not need to be laid off." "Henry Paulson, for what ever his motives started this stampede, and he is going to be fully investigated to see if he had any financial gains to be made from this kind of market scare, criminal charges will be filed if any wrong doing, no matter how slight it may have been is found.", "Any more down talking of our economy by White House staff will be met with instant firings of those staff members."Every single economic reading since October has shown that the expected downturn was going to turn mid to late 2009, it was going to be shallow to moderate, and by mid to late 2010 we will have fully turned around to the point of being back where we began.[/citation]

Thanks for the econ lesson. Let me summarize: the prez can say it's not horrible and it won't be. Thanks for the laugh, though, I was just writing a paper about time series forecasting and trying to wrap my head around moving average models (the basis of the 'readings' you refer to) when I took a break and hopped on Tom's to see your post. The juxtaposition was just great, as both doing this research and reading your post made me feel dumb, but for vastly different reasons.

G

wow, almost 3 years later to the day. looks like every single economic reading back since october 2009 was wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS