Lower temp from Win xp pro

Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I just change to Windows XP Pro. I seem to find some good things and bad things about XP Pro. My temps on the Bios and in windows. Seem to be right. Where I was complaning about my temp being 57c to 62c and up to 70c its drop to 48 to 49c. in win 98 And still quiet. So Bite me Amdmeltdown.

Thing I notice Windows XP pro. Seems to be more stable. yet programs I wanted to run it has problems with. When they ran in win 98. So I have to say it a give or take on this one. Its like Civilization 3 seems to mess up. And Fuzzie Logic. And System Suite. but it was nice to know if some thing did not work I can uninstall it and everything will work fine. I hope they fix this bug. I like the idea of windows not crashing. But its not all to be crack up to be. And I dont want to go back to windows 98 for it will only run 1024 megs. 1 gig of memory. I m happy with the 1.53 gigs.

A few Hardware did not work great. One was Modem blaster. Bad Move. Now it hits me. And Ati Tv wonder. So I dont need a TV in my room. It looks to be I can fixable. both with there drivers. but it a pain in the butt.

Take it or leave it. Hay I should not complain when I got the windows xp Pro for free.

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Windows 98 will only run 512 megs of ram, not a gig.

Did you do an upgrade or a clean install, if you did an upgrade try reinstalling civ 3, my civ3 is working fine, and dont forget to patch.

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!