DaveP57

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001
I'm considering purchasing a new system, and I have to decide which OS I'd like to have installed. For 60 bucks more, I can get Windows XP Pro, instead of XP Home. What's the difference? Would it be worth it to spend the extra money for XP Pro, or is the Home version the wiser choice? Pros/Cons/Opinions? Thanks for your help!

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
<A HREF="http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article10-002" target="_new"> What's the difference between Windows XP Home and Professional editions?</A> Personally I would go with Pro, why get part of the OS, and if you ever need or want one of the features you would have to buy the OS again.

When you feel that reality does not suit you, live a fantasy life.

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
You're welcome and happy computing if you get the new system.

When you feel that reality does not suit you, live a fantasy life.

I agree, a lot of people have also had problems with the Home version, thats why I went with the Pro version, so far no complaints at all.

Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.

TIP: You can order a Full install OEM off the Internet, you get the Software, License, and Manual, cheaper than you can buy it in the store retail.

Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.

DaveP57

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001
Thanks for the replys, gents! It's a done deal, just ordered the system with XP Pro. Thanks for the tips and advice!