AMD 2000+XP

FatBurger

Illustrious
KR7<font color=red>a</font color=red>-RAID, how many times do I have to tell you? :tongue:

Abit never made a motherboard based on the KT266 chipset.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Don't step in the sarcasm!

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
There is no kr7, only a kr7a, so when I say kr7, I mean kr7a, there is only one kr7 class motherboard.

My statement is correct so you can stop correcting me burger. ;-)

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"

FatBurger

Illustrious
Find me a link to the Abit KR7-RAID, and I'll stop correcting you :wink:

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

eden

Champion
My favorite is the Epox 8KHA+. All the PC reviews gave it very positive results, and it is still the most used in almost any benchmark sites such as THG and Anandtech. It's fast and stable, had no problems with it yet.
I dunno, but I think it is one of the only mobos out there with this debug LED display on the mobo, so you can identify the error if any! Again not sure if all other mobos now use it.

--
For the first time, Hookers are hooked on Phonics!!

FatBurger

Illustrious
The KR7a(-RAID) would possibly be the best choice then.
Do you want anything specific integrated? (Sound, network, RAID, etc)
Do you need a certain number of PCI slots or DIMMs?

FatBurger

Illustrious
Depends on what you want.

Kennyshin

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
Why not wait for Abit AT7 or Epox 8K3A2.
They are VIA KT-333 based. with HPT374 4-channel ATA-133. USB 2.0. IEEE 1394 in case of AT7. (not sure about 8K3A2 on IEEE 1394.) 4 DDR slots.

Searching for the true, the beautiful, and the eternal

eden

Champion
Currently I can think of the Epox 8K3A coming soon with 333MHZ RAM. 333MHZ FSB is attainable only through overclocking as it is not yet licensed by AMD. My 8KHA+ has been tested and actually was taken up to 400MHZ FSB with DDR 400:
<A HREF="http://www.x86-secret.com/popups/articleswindow.php?id=41" target="_new">http://www.x86-secret.com/popups/articleswindow.php?id=41</A>
Shows a bit how the motherboard OCs.
If you want to overclock, you'd best wait for the Thoroughbred. It will be much more worth the performance jump when you OC higher with it.

--

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I want something that supports 333mhz ddram, ultra 133mhz usb 2, and agp 4x pro.
<b><A HREF="http://www.asus.com.tw/mb/socketa/a7v333/specification.htm" target="_new"><font color=red>Asus A7V333</A></b></font color=red>

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

BuGaLoU

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
<off subject> OMG Matisaro, that site in your profile is GREAT! I have been looking at it for the past 2 nights!! </off subject>

I have an Asus A7V266-e. Doesn't seem very popular, but it has been a damn good mobo for me, and has some nice features like RAID, and 6 channel onboard sound. Performs quite nicely too, and is rock solid as far as stability goes.

Computer: $2000 Internet Access: $40 Registering for forums: Free A good signature: Priceless

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Find me a link to the Abit KR7-RAID, and I'll stop correcting you

I said there is no kr7(non a), so saying kr7-raid is reccomending the brand, not a specific motherboard, so the a is not needed to differentiate because there is no non a mobo.

eden

Champion
Ay, wish you weren't so hard on FF8!
Loved that game, my fav RPG actually.
But it's your opinion.
However I agree, old RPGs are the best!
This may get flames, but I love Mystic Quest!

--

eden

Champion
Child or not, it was the game that introduced me to RPGs! You now know why I loved it and kept it treasure for me. Still, it had nice music, graphic nostalgia (outside of inside-houses are are black, nothing beyond. It is how RPGs were!), and simple gameplay!

But why FF8 was so annoying to you?
I loved it cuz Squall was me, I was able to relate so well, I just loved the storyline.

--

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
But why FF8 was so annoying to you?
I loved it cuz Squall was me, I was able to relate so well, I just loved the storyline.

Not just me,. there are almost 70 members of my group, but the website pretty much lays out our reasons to think ff8 sucked ass.