Sign in with
Your question

about THAT amd korea

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
March 20, 2002 2:42:51 PM

Hi. It's been a long time since I visited here but... a private message from someone brought me back here, asking me about the amd korea situation.

I've been around this forum ever since it first started (I believe i'm the the first 100 member), and it was fun in the beginning. But then somehow it has evolved to a a lot of people either trying to increase post count, relieve their frustration, or something else. That's why I've left the community for something more useful.

The thread about amd korea, which eventually get locked by Fred (way to go fred :wink: ) is a perfect example. Seeing how Kennyshin actually transformed from being a stranger to a journey man in just one thread is amazing. Of course, it's him who introduced me to another guy in Korea I believe, who helped me through the whereabouts in Korea. I believe their sources are credible, and they aren't people who want to make fun of anything.

I'm not going to say anything about the situation in Korea, although it is sad to see AMD had to pull off from the market. But my point shows - I'm not going to write more about this community here. Thanks for all the beginning months :smile: .

³ªÀ̽º ¿£ºñµð¾Æ ¿£ ¿¡ÀÌƼ¾ÆÀÌ À¯Á °ÔÀÌÆ® À¸ ÄíÅ°.... :smile: ¾ß¹Ì :smile: <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by machow on 03/21/02 00:44 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

More about : amd korea

March 21, 2002 2:51:59 AM

well, it's easy for me to post 10,000 in THG. so stop repeating that I was a stranger here. stranger or journeyman means almost nothing.

That thread was locked because someone first started saying birthcontrol and dickless things against one person. Other threads were not locked because nobody went to saying like that.

Searching for the true, the beautiful, and the eternal
March 21, 2002 2:57:42 AM

heh before you go on ask cutepunk who i actually am :) 

³ªÀ̽º ¿£ºñµð¾Æ ¿£ ¿¡ÀÌƼ¾ÆÀÌ À¯Á °ÔÀÌÆ® À¸ ÄíÅ°.... :smile: ¾ß¹Ì :smile:
Related resources
March 21, 2002 3:10:15 AM

Sorry, but I don't even know who cutepunk is.
Maybe I read both of you before somewhere but my memory is not that good. My ICQ # is 28527933. MSN also: kennyshin@msn.com.
BTW, I didn't get it quite what you were saying about. I just hope you are not blaming Koreans for all this AMD thing. I'm pretty angry because some people here just treat us as barbarians who do not take care with their processors and then blame the manufacturers.

March 21, 2002 3:11:25 AM

nonono it's not against you at all. it's FOR you. i'm just saying that... your words are credible.

March 21, 2002 4:21:20 AM

Thank you.

I've been wondering how to tell this issue to people outside Korea because this kind of things almost never happen in other countries. I also considered mentioning it at FTC, Amazon.com and various other sites. Whether it's medical and health-care in Korea or about Samsung's virtual monopoly, I act as a pro-consumerist. The biggest disadvantage is, I think, most Koreans are not comfortable with English. Most of the college students (the number is around one million) can read English but most cannot and won't write in English. Even the largest and most respected site KBench do not have enough pages translated into English though it has been trying to do so for years.

March 21, 2002 5:44:16 PM

Quote:
That thread was locked because someone first started saying birthcontrol and dickless things against one person. Other threads were not locked because nobody went to saying like that.

the thread got locked because you cannot have a discussion without insulting poeple, and if you think otherwise you are truely mental.

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
March 21, 2002 5:55:23 PM

Quote:
The biggest disadvantage is, I think, most Koreans are not comfortable with English.

I think that has been a problem that we have had in all of these discusions. Your english is quite good for a non-native speeker, and I know that going from English to ANY asian language and/or the other way around is very hard.

I think that you have misunderstood some of the things that many of us have said, as well as misunderstood why we say them.

Just so you know, it's probably best to ignore the last line or two of a post. It is our signatures. I made mine because I thought it was funny, and it first appeared in the graphics card section when I was asking a question about a driver. It means nothing against anyone. It's basicly a slight change of the words to the song "Bad Boys". So, it's a bit of a culture reference and not ment to insult anyone.

Bad trolls Bad trolls... Whacha gonna do... Whacha gonna do when they post here too...
March 21, 2002 6:09:13 PM

Maybe you are greatly confused. That very person who first said birthcontrol and dickless against a person here was none other than you Lord Matisaro. Without you, the discussion would have gone quite differently.

March 21, 2002 6:14:50 PM

Just what made you think I do not know what signature means? I have posted over 100,000 times in various websites myself though that's a small number compared to all the postings in THG Community. If you post every article with a signature "everyone who read this go to hell," I'd just think you are a bit funny. The only reason I criticized about that clone masturbation was because it was at least one time said against a person in this community and of course I knew that was not me since at that moment I was unknown to most people here.

March 21, 2002 6:16:07 PM

Quote:
Maybe you are greatly confused. That very person who first said birthcontrol and dickless against a person here was none other than you Lord Matisaro. Without you, the discussion would have gone quite differently.

Perhaps you are confused, because when I asked you for a link you called me an amd zealot and the reason these forums suck, and NO ONE agrees with you otherwise.

PS: you are about to be listed, a confirmed troll, how do you like them apples.

March 21, 2002 6:33:03 PM

Quote:
Just what made you think I do not know what signature means?

Perhaps it is the way I felt you took my sig as something against you. Perhaps it is because of the slight and insult you feel the clone one is about (I have yet to see where it was used as an insult).

I try to make a post sudgesting that much of the hard feelings that are floating around you are because there are some simple misunderstandings, and you take personal offence to my comment about a signature. I didn't know if you would understand the cultural reference, and you seem eager to be insulted about things.

Bad trolls Bad trolls... Whacha gonna do... Whacha gonna do when they post here too...
March 21, 2002 6:45:35 PM

My sig is a sig. Nothing more nothing less. He's dillusional.

<font color=red>If you were to have sex with your clone would that be considered incest or masturbation?</font color=red>
a b à CPUs
March 22, 2002 2:30:39 AM

I still remember you. But I never remember you saying who you really were. Then again, a lot of ppl whould [-peep-] if they found out who I am, then again, others wouldn't care.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
March 22, 2002 2:35:27 AM

I said in other posting I clearly understood that signature wasn't meant about me.
So it has nothing to do with culture.
I didn't feel insulted.
You have been using that signature long before I began posting here a lot. So don't worry.

March 22, 2002 2:37:45 AM

You're right. Except that you said the sentence to one forum member previously. Or, did he really enjoy that comment and you did that knowing that?

March 22, 2002 2:41:52 AM

Are you denying you said those dirty insults at a person here?

You are an AMD fanatic because of
1. what you did to everyone who criticizes AMD
2. what fanatics means
and maybe it was another person who said you are an AMD Zealot.

I never said the forum "suck" but just that you are one of the main ones polluting this forum.

March 22, 2002 2:51:56 AM

"the thread got locked because you cannot have a discussion without insulting poeple, and if you think otherwise you are truely mental."

ROTFLMAO! that thread got locked because YOU became rabid.

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"
March 22, 2002 3:21:44 AM

why have my thread about the attitude of thgc members turned the topic and went against the main theme of my post!?!? sigh....

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
March 22, 2002 3:43:38 AM

Hi matchow. I am so curious to know what your sig mean.
Sorry but I cannot understand your sig though I am Korean.(no offense, you know what i mean :smile: )
Anyway, I hope you enjoy your life in Korea.
March 22, 2002 4:41:21 AM

it's english written in korean characters :lol: 

btw now i'm not in korea anymore.

March 22, 2002 7:39:10 AM

Quote:
ROTFLMAO! that thread got locked because YOU became rabid.

Thats why im on the list, as a confirmed troll, I insulted kennyshin for no reason and now dh has a poll wanting to ban me and its at like 99% in favor of a ban, oh wait, thats KENNYSHIN.

Run along meltdown, you are a listed troll and you have nothing of value to contribute to anything.

March 22, 2002 9:08:57 AM

Hey guys. Let's focus on the point, the Warrenty problem of Amd Korea. In fact, Amd Korea didn't talk 'Officially' about the changed warrenty policy. But according to many retailer sites, they've received such documents that Amd Korea will not change the CPUs of which cores are broken, wheter it is done by user's fault or not. It's the main point in this situation in Korea.

This Warrenty Policy is different from the Amd in America isn't it? As many people say, AMD CPU is so fragile especially the core. The core could be fragile not because of user's fault. And It also could be happened frequently regardless of the choice of Cooler!!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by hyunjun on 03/22/02 06:22 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
March 22, 2002 10:48:48 AM

To be honest, I am growing tired of nothing new of this news.
I am officially off any of these topics until further investigation or news, as this has grown to really boring. Not only this but Kennyshin has got his taste of THG and has gotten on a wrong starts, in which I suggest he stops from now this discussion until further news, and start from scratch, otherwise I dunno how he will ever fit in.

--
For the first time, Hookers are hooked on Phonics!!
March 22, 2002 10:55:14 AM

ahem...

You're the Crash Man...aren't you?

lol

When all else fails, throw your computer out the window!!!
March 22, 2002 11:30:09 AM

Kennyshin, without making matters worse I thought this would support your arguement:

<A HREF="http://forbit.co.kr/boardView.asp?category=¾Ë¸²ÆÇ&page=1&num=29020" target="_new">Korean News</A>
Quote:
<b>AMD CPU Sale for a while it discontinues.</b>
It comes down a decision difficultly. The A/S regulation fringe land of the AMD side it will be able to understand (the known fact A/S it will not be with the thing there is not different) it is a protest indication regarding. The objective of the strong man does profit creation no matter how but the situation of now appears not to be being the work which pretending not to know it will go over that way. Fact us also the bay where it feels a enormous anger absurd stock (currently only AMD CPU about approximately 200 there is thing. When it contained the board and the cooler back other parts, it will become absurd stock quantity) a decision it comes down force it listened to easily with charge. During that time from the place lead who forms a AMD market at the degree which next will go to a kind of specialty site it came, it is a gun bit which it prides. The love as was big betrayal will wind in the AMD, it feels. From the AMD side all will understand and one AMD CPU sale where the A/S regulation does not come out it discontinues. Thank you.

Quote:
<b>AMD CPU 판매 당분간 중지합니다.</b>
어렵게 결단을 내립니다.
이해할 수 없는 AMD측의 A/S규정 변경(A/S를 해 주지 않겠다는 것과 다를바 없지요)에 대한 항의 표시입니다.
아무리 장사의 목적이 이윤창출이라 하더라도 지금의 상황은 그냥 모른체 넘어갈 일이 아닌것 같습니다. 사실 저희 또한 대단한 분노를 느끼고 있었습니다만 엄청난 재고 (현재도 AMD CPU만 대략 200여개 있습니다. 보드와 쿨러등 기타 부품을 포함하면 엄청난 재고량이 되겠지요)의 부담으로 쉽게 결정을 내리기가 힘이 들었습니다. 그동안 일종의 전문사이트에 버금갈 정도로 AMD 시장을 형성시키는데 앞장 서 왔다고 자부하는 포비트입니다. AMD에 애정이 컸던 만큼의 배신감을 느낍니다.
AMD 측에서 모두가 납득할 만한 A/S규정이 나오지 않는한 AMD CPU 판매 중지합니다.
감사합니다.

I post this again in this thread for everyone's benefit. Nothing more to say.

<b><font color=red>Cast your vote with your $,</b></font color=red> <b><font color=blue>shed your pride with your opinion.</b></font color=blue>
March 22, 2002 3:54:16 PM

You're not...who I think you are, are you...? :eek: 

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft
March 22, 2002 3:58:20 PM

Could it be...the HEAD of Microsoft bug swatting???

heh

mark-

March 22, 2002 6:45:56 PM

Quote:
This Warrenty Policy is different from the Amd in America isn't it? As many people say, AMD CPU is so fragile especially the core. The core could be fragile not because of user's fault. And It also could be happened frequently regardless of the choice of Cooler!!

No, that warranty is exactly the same as in the us, I think the issue here is that the resellers in korea made blanket claims, and amd put up with the tons of returns to gain marketshare, but when things got out of hand amd said enough, now the resellers are blaming amd to avoid having to replace cpus they sold as warrantied but are not.

March 22, 2002 7:26:30 PM

Why you fussing on Crash?

--
March 22, 2002 7:33:39 PM

Naw!!
Not Burgermeister and Me!!!
Would WE do that?!?!?!

LOL

just kidding around Eden ;) 

Mark-

March 22, 2002 8:04:49 PM

Anyone feel like making better translation?

Jesus saves, but Mario scores!!!
a b à CPUs
March 22, 2002 8:35:32 PM

Why yes, in fact I am! I was actaully thinking of changing my name to Crash Mann.

a b à CPUs
March 22, 2002 8:44:01 PM

Probably not, legends die out quickly these days.

March 23, 2002 12:36:45 AM

Pardon my cluelessness (if that exists), but I still don't get it!
What's wrong with Crash???

--
March 23, 2002 12:43:47 AM

Nothing Eden. I was just making a humorous comment/jesting.

Mark-

March 23, 2002 12:52:25 AM

No but what did Crash say or do that surprised you guys? Unless that was the joke, of pretending something?

--
March 23, 2002 12:55:32 AM

bingo!

:) 

Mark-

March 23, 2002 1:27:27 PM

Quote:
And It also could be happened frequently regardless of the choice of Cooler!!

Sorry - if AMD are to warranty a cpu, there is ONLY ONE CHOICE OF COOLER.... The one that shipped with it in the <b>RETAIL</b> box.

AMD will only ever warranty a processor if it is retail, and installed with the retail heatsink. Using a different heatsink or buying OEM is all bets off. Your warranty is then with your reseller - i.e. none.

-* <font color=red> !! S O L D !! </font color=red> *-
To the gentleman in the pink Tutu
March 23, 2002 1:35:15 PM

Kennyshin,

Is the situation in Korea like it is in Japan?

Working in technology in Japan, with US equipment, we found an interesting problem. In Japan, it is always accepted in sales that any product carries a 1 year warranty, no matter what the 'legal' issues. This is seen as a sales contract and is the way business is done.

So, in buying Cisco equipment, with a Cisco 90 day warranty, the reseller was obliged to try and honor a 1 year warranty on the difference. Not because of signed contracts, but because of default business practices.

If this situtaions mirrors Korean business and sales practices, I can see where the difficulty can arise. Culturally there can be a strong drive to 'expect' greater service than may legally be offered.

To those not familiar in working in Asian (or any foreign) countries, do not dismiss local practices, customs or concerns just because they do not mirror those of your own country. The world works in different ways in many places, the challenge to a US firm to sell into overseas markets is how to effectively penetrate and sustain that share.

Of course, if AMD felt themselves unable to sustain business economically in Korea, then of course they withdraw, but this may be more complex than AMD making black/white statements and is undoubtedly centered around a lack of understanding in local market policies.

-* <font color=red> !! S O L D !! </font color=red> *-
To the gentleman in the pink Tutu
!