Vertical monitor

_Aurora_NG

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
I'm not sure that this is the correct place to post this question, so I'm sorry for the incorrect placement.

I am currently looking for a "Vertical monitor" as a Christmas present for my boyfriend. He mentioned it to me a couple of months ago, he said he was searching for a monitor and saw some pictures of it. I asked him a few questions and all he answered was that it was nick named the "Book Monitor" because it could fold in two.

He mentioned that the programmers at Google used them and they were able to see more lines of their code because the monitor was taller. Does anyone know what hes talking about? I'm searching the web like crazy trying to figure it out and I cant. Any help would be helpful.

Thanks
Aurora

_Aurora_NG

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
Thanks for the replies ^__^ I like the Ultrasharp better than the double one - it looks....weird. I did a quick search on it and came up with this

http://www.digitaltigers.com/zenview-duoportrait20pro.asp

I really dont know much about computers and such, so my question would be, can the Dell Ultra sharp stay in the vertical position all the time or would it have to be horizontal at some times?

He'd use the vertical position for programming and I guess it would be a plus to have the ability to switch back to horizontal.

Thanks
Aurora

You could run it vertical all the time, though it might make the BIOS menu sideways. Windows fully supports 1200x1920 though, and I haven't had any problems with it (I have one).