Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

How to Replace Graphics Card in Dell Inspiron XPS?

Tags:
  • Dell
  • Dell Inspiron
  • XPS
  • Graphics Cards
  • Computers
Last response: in Computer Brands
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
October 18, 2004 10:59:01 PM

Anybody know how to replace the graphics card in a Dell Inspiron XPS laptop?

I am going from a Radeon 9700 to a 9800. Dell wants to send out a (3rd
party) technician, but I would rather do it myself, if possible.

More about : replace graphics card dell inspiron xps

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2004 1:25:37 AM

It looks pretty simple and here is a site to help you out. But if you feel a
bit leery at all then don't even attempt it. Better to have a tech than
possibly damage the unit in the process.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/insxps/sm...

Regards,
John O.

"Luther" <lwalke@knology.net> wrote in message
> Anybody know how to replace the graphics card in a Dell Inspiron XPS
> laptop?
>
> I am going from a Radeon 9700 to a 9800. Dell wants to send out a (3rd
> party) technician, but I would rather do it myself, if possible.

October 20, 2004 12:55:55 AM

"Luther" <lwalke@knology.net> wrote in message
> Anybody know how to replace the graphics card in a Dell Inspiron XPS
> laptop?
>
> I am going from a Radeon 9700 to a 9800. Dell wants to send out a (3rd
> party) technician, but I would rather do it myself, if possible.

This is what you need

http://docs.euro.dell.com/docs/systems/insxps/sm/video....
October 20, 2004 1:30:06 AM

"Luther" <lwalke@knology.net> wrote in message
> Anybody know how to replace the graphics card in a Dell Inspiron XPS
> laptop?
>
> I am going from a Radeon 9700 to a 9800. Dell wants to send out a (3rd
> party) technician, but I would rather do it myself, if possible.

But before you take yours apart consider what would happen
if you break anything or if it does not work after. You will be
left with no support, and possibly no laptop.
The diagrams look easy but not always straight foreword.
If the support engineer breaks any of the parts it will be
replaced free of charge and he will also make sure it will
be working when he leaves and still guaranteed.
All the large company's use 3rd party support but only
after training the engineers themselves and passing an
accreditation test.
The engineer should be in and out within the hour and
I do not think Dell will let you install yourself as it will
void any warranty.