Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Laptop for gaming

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
August 7, 2011 10:18:35 PM

1. What is your budget?
$1000
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15-17 inch
3. What screen resolution do you want?
doesn't matter
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
yes
5. How much battery life do you need?
doesn't matter
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
competitive cs 1.6 100fps ofc and league of legends atleast 50fps on medium.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
-
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
320gp atleast
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
www.newegg.com and every other site
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
4 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
basic dvd rom/writer.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
every brand is fine.
13. What country do you live in?
usa
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Cs 1.6 is needed to run in opengl mode and it would be nice that somehow i would get cs running in 4:3 aspect ratio.

More about : laptop gaming

a c 572 D Laptop
August 7, 2011 11:02:30 PM

gameboy1 said:
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Cs 1.6 is needed to run in opengl mode and it would be nice that somehow i would get cs running in 4:3 aspect ratio.
Is running at 1280x1024 (5:4) an option? It's a pretty standard gaming resolution.
Is 1400×1050 a supported resolution in the game?
Running the game in a window vs full-screen is the right way to correct aspect ratio when you're on a widescreen LCD.




m
0
l
Related resources
August 7, 2011 11:17:34 PM

WR2 said:
Is running at 1280x1024 (5:4) an option? It's a pretty standard gaming resolution.
Is 1400×1050 a supported resolution in the game?
Running the game in a window vs full-screen is the right way to correct aspect ratio when you're on a widescreen LCD.


Im going to run cs 1.6 in 640x400 and trying to get 4:3 by adding two black stripes to each side

E: 1400 x 1050 is supported, but i have played on 640x400 like 10 years already so it's very hard to get used to another resolution.
m
0
l
August 7, 2011 11:18:26 PM

wintermint said:
NVIDIA GeForce GT 550M $900 1920x1080 resolution
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

AMD Radeon HD 6770M $975 before MIR 1366x768 crappy resolution
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Feel free to play other games too. CS (counter strike right?) shouldn't take much to handle easily. These laptops may well be overkill for the two games you be playing but have fun :D 


Thank you for fast response. :) 

E: Thats right counter-stirke.
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
August 8, 2011 2:07:26 PM

gameboy1 said:
Im going to run cs 1.6 in 640x400 and trying to get 4:3 by adding two black stripes to each side

E: 1400 x 1050 is supported, but i have played on 640x400 like 10 years already so it's very hard to get used to another resolution.

FYI 640x400 is a wide screen resolution, not 4:3. 4:3 would be 640x480. and at that resoution you'd be able to run 1.6 on a core duo with nvidia go 7000 series...

So, I think you should be listing LoL on medium as your top end requirement.

And as good man linked at the top, GT550 will be able to run LoL on high with little problem
m
0
l
a c 572 D Laptop
August 8, 2011 2:45:17 PM

gameboy1 said:
E: 1400 x 1050 is supported, but i have played on 640x400 like 10 years already so it's very hard to get used to another resolution.
Not so hard as you imagine.
The 'old reasons' for using a small resolution was to make up for poor performance in graphics and CPUs. That's not the case any more.
m
0
l
!