EP-8KHA+ and Radeon 8500 = lockups and horiz lines

jkadesjo

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
Hi!

EPoX 8KHA+ and Radeon 8500 is no good combination. It results in lockups in 3D applications. This means no games will run properly. You will be able to play for a minute or so before your system hangs. You will not be able to receive a 3DMark score because your computer will freeze and reboot before the tests are finished.
You will get horizontal lines (or flashes) in certain games, Half-Life is one example. This error will occur for some minutes and then your computer will lockup and reboot, remember? The expanded desktop is a cool feature of the Radeon 8500 but it wont work any good with the EPoX 8KHA+. You will get awful output on the second monitor. This makes it impossible to use the expanded desktop.

Now I think I will buy a new motherboard a Soltek SL-75DRV2. Anyone knows if the Soltek-Radeon combo results in any sorts of problems? I’d like to know, because I don’t want to make the same mistake again.

I have tried all the newest drivers:
ATI RADEON 8500: 6.13.10.6037
EPoX 8KHA+: via-4in1-v437a and the 2304 BIOS from 03 04 02
And Windows XP Professional
And I have tried all possible BOIS settings.

Johan

Jake75

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
How can you be sure it´s a mobo issue?
Have you tried the Radeon with a different mobo?

It might as well be WindowsXP or something else that play tricks with you.
'
Just curious.

Hoppas du löser det på nåt sätt iallafall!

<font color=red>...</font color=red><font color=blue>STOP EVERYTHING</font color=blue><font color=red>...</font color=red>

Jake75

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
Oh, btw what temps do you have?

<font color=red>...</font color=red><font color=blue>STOP EVERYTHING</font color=blue><font color=red>...</font color=red>

TWC

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2001
I would wager XP or via to be the culprit not the MB or RADEON.

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints."

TWC

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2001
Ok, was just over to rage3d.com and there is a story on this issue on the front page, appears it is an issue with this particular board and ATI claims to be investigating the issue.

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints."

TRENDING THREADS