MN 700 Wireless Router and Linksys WRE54G compatible?

I keep getting the error "WRE54G can not associate with
this AP in repeater mode". Linksys told me to check with
MSFT about wether or not the router has wireless
detection system (WDS) and i dont know if it does. Any
help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about wireless router linksys wre54g compatible

    The MN700 does not support WDS

    --
    Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

    Find out about the MS MVP Program -

    Jason Tsang wrote:
    > The MN700 does not support WDS
    >
    > --
    > Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP
    >
    > Find out about the MS MVP Program -
    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx
    >
    > "Ryan" <rhanley83@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > >I keep getting the error "WRE54G can not associate with
    > > this AP in repeater mode". Linksys told me to check with
    > > MSFT about wether or not the router has wireless
    > > detection system (WDS) and i dont know if it does. Any
    > > help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    More over even Linksys has a hard time supporting WDS for the WRE54G -
    most of its recent firmware for popular routers like WRT54G doesn't
    work either. (instead only specific f/ware versions work)
    Suggest looking at Buffalo if you'd like a WDS-compliant router.

Routers Wireless Router Linksys Compatibility Networking