aae991

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2001
My dual AMD 1800+ system was working great for the 1st 4 months I had it. Then, about 2 weeks ago, the GeForce 3 Ti200 card apparently went out. The builder (local Chicago outlet) replaced the Ti200 and said that should do it. Well, ever since I got it back, the thing re-boots without warning, or sometimes can not boot up all the way to Windows 2000 before it tries to re-boot. The builder thought the cpu's were over-heating, so he re-sealed the cooling kit... It still re-boots without warning. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? They did move cards around to accomodate the larger fan of the replaced Ti200. Could IRQ conflicts cause a system to re-boot without warning?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BTW, CPU temps are running no more than 40-45C. The system has 1 GIG RAM and is using the Tyan 2460 MB.

aae991

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2001
Okay... I do have 2.1.83 drivers installed (dated 9-10-01). So the re-booting problem happens with these drivers. I just started the ystem again, and this time it went all the way to Windows 2000. You mentioned the 2311... what driver is that?

mbetea

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2001
ya the board is picky about components it runs with. there is a known issue with det v.23.xx, gf3 cards and the s2460. also go right click on my computer, advanced tab, startup and recovery button, and uncheck "automatically reboot". if this happens again, it should post an error message. i had a perfectly good pioneer dvd drive that was fine before, hooked it up to this board and it liked to delay the boot up by almost 1min. the latest drivers 28.32 are supposed to correct this issue.

I run duals because i multitask between notepad, outlook express and winamp :lol:

aae991

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2001
I read about that issue... you need to use the v.22.xx drivers or earlier. I'm confused about the 2183 drivers and the 2311 referred to in an earlier post. I know before I first had the Ti200 blow a couple of weeks ago, I was running the 2183 drivers with no problem.

I also have the Pioneer A03 drive. When the first re-boot problem surfaced, the drive seemed to click just before the system tried to re-boot again... Damn, this system was working so well before.

One other thing... my Ti200 is on IRQ 18, which it's sharing with a component of my Canopus DV Storm board (some legacy ISA allocation). The Canopus board is not being used often, and certainly not during the last couple of weeks...

mbetea

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2001
well that faq was posted before these lastest det drivers were out. the 28.32 are supposed to take care of it. oh, i don't have the a03 yet. the 106s i had trouble with. if you were getting reboots or errors while capping, i'd say something might be up with sharing irq. but these newer boards are all acpi compliant. they're going to share the irq's just about no matter which slot. when i first put this together, i had constant reboots and was averaging 2 bsod a day. turned out to be the sound card (hercules museXL). got a turtle beach SC and haven't had one since. are you on 2cpu forums? if not here is a big thread regarding this issue. i use a matrox g550, so i haven't had these problems. <A HREF="http://forums.2cpu.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11631" target="_new">here</A>

ps. how do you like the storm? i'm debating whether to get that or the raptorRT. i'm leaning toward the raptor because for the time being 90%-99% is dv.

I run duals because i multitask between notepad, outlook express and winamp :lol:

aae991

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2001
I like the Storm a lot... until my system started going wacky on me... The Storm has DV out in real-time which is nice, but I've also heard good things about the DV Raptor - not least of which is a much lower price!

Where do you find these latest drivers for the Ti200?

mbetea

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2001
<A HREF="http://www.nvidia.com" target="_new">nvidia's website</A>