Best Palm OS 5 web browser?

April 25, 2005 5:44:20 PM

Hi,

No doubt this has been asked 1000 times here ‹ apologies in advance! The
browser that came with my new Tungsten C (Palm's app) is fair enough,
but now refuses to log on to my ISP's webmail site. (Odd... it worked a
few times, then quit.) Eudora's browser seems to be non-graphical and
ancient, and Handspring's Blazer, while pretty quick, is also old and
handles graphics only fair.

Right now, Xiino seems the best of the lot, and it's currently developed
and supported. It also connects to my Webmail okay.

Am I missing any other candidates?

Take care,

Steve

More about : palm web browser

Anonymous
April 26, 2005 1:29:14 AM

On or about Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:44:20 +0100, someone claiming to be Steven
Folberg <rebbi@spamstinks.texas.net> permuted the language to say:

> Hi,
>
> No doubt this has been asked 1000 times here ‹ apologies in advance! The
> browser that came with my new Tungsten C (Palm's app) is fair enough,
> but now refuses to log on to my ISP's webmail site. (Odd... it worked a
> few times, then quit.) Eudora's browser seems to be non-graphical and
> ancient, and Handspring's Blazer, while pretty quick, is also old and
> handles graphics only fair.
>
> Right now, Xiino seems the best of the lot, and it's currently developed
> and supported. It also connects to my Webmail okay.
>
> Am I missing any other candidates?
>
> Take care,
>
> Steve

WebPro 3 is ok (logs on to Yahoo and various other mail sites I use).

--
Words
http://www.permuted.org.uk/mypda1.html

Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client (even for mail!)
+ Palm Tungsten C
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 12:58:33 AM

I have had good results with Webviewer. It requires the JavaVM and seems to
be actively supported for several platforms.
!