How can remove virus in my memory card and recover my images from it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

raj113

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
i have micro sd memory card of 1gb. i was using that card inn my mobile... but when put that memory card in my laptop i got infected by virus.. so now my memory card show nothing expect some infected files .. now how to recoveer that files..?? From my memory Card???

avnire

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
I have the same problem, I used my memory card with a memory card reader in a public computer of a touristic place in Mexico - all my pictures disappeared. I can view my pictures in my camera, but once it's connected to a PC, my pictures just wouldn't show at all ( as if my memory card was empty, however under the properties I can see that the 8GB memory card is almost full).

When I got home I noticed that there is a new folder created on the memory card called "recycling" and an exe file on it. My AVG immediately spotted a Trojan and removed it in a sec. The trouble is that even though the card is virus free now I still can't access the pictures on the card - almost 7GB worth!

Some of you said that a virus might hide the photos and it's possible to unhide them. How is that possible? I am a bit scared to format the whole thing and use a data recovery software, I would rather do this as a last resort.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

Judit

Saud Ahmad

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013
m facing a problem with my sd card, it used to create a file named forever.exe n now it creates another file named .06ba141d-a652-464b-b7c2-0932d1a1402b.mologiq
eveything i transfer into it frm my pc or download gets deleted or corrupted. ive formatted the card with the formatting tool but nothing happened. none of the anti virus sftwre scans it, how to get rid of this virus?

sproelie

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013
I JUST tried this 5mins ago and all my files actually REAPPEARED!!!
YOU ROCK! YOU ARE AWESOME! AND YOU ARE MY HERO!!

PS. you really have to follow the instructions very good cuz if you miss a -space- you won't get any results. If you follow the link they give you a step by step instruction

Francis Guison

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013

I got it all! It really works! THANKS A LOT! I'll save this one! :)

nomas

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014

sbesh

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.