THE overclockers Heatsink!

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
mmmm i want one of these... another link from the wierd and wonderful :smile:

<A HREF="http://home.insightbb.com/~danzigrules/jarspage/welcome_to_jarhead.htm" target="_new">http://home.insightbb.com/~danzigrules/jarspage/welcome_to_jarhead.htm</A>

Morally destitute, Emotionally bankrupt but a proud and respected member of Toms Forums! :smile:

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
Hey, for the low low cost of several hours, and probably a few hundred $, you can have one of these yourself.

Wonder how much beter it is than the PAL6035?

Bad trolls Bad trolls... Whacha gonna do... Whacha gonna do when they post here too...

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
omg to seksy!
I want one, oh well I'll just settle for my Globalwin Cak II 38

If my response is brief and vague its because the info you provided is too!

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
well i emailed the guy, and apparently that screenshot of 33C cpu was of a XP1900+ under full load! :D

Morally destitute, Emotionally bankrupt but a proud and respected member of Toms Forums! :smile:

dhlucke

Polypheme
Wow! Not sure if it's worth the work, but Wow!

<font color=red>First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.</font color=red><font color=blue>

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
I expect if you stick a 235cfm fan on a zalman 3000 you'll get similar results. Oh, and a professional product that doesn't weigh 6lbs

-* <font color=red> !! S O L D !! </font color=red> *-
To the gentleman in the pink Tutu

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
yeah

law of diminishing returns
there comes a point where the heat sink cannot be any more efficient as you can only transfer heat away as fast as the transmission coefficient of copper.

thats where u really need a high thermal conductivity medium thats also mobile...
or for the layman out there, water.
plus the temp gradien tis also steeper

FatBurger

Illustrious
I think water with a high silver content would probably work the best.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
Yes, but do you get the deafening accustics too? ;)

Bad trolls Bad trolls... Whacha gonna do... Whacha gonna do when they post here too...

tlaughrey

Distinguished
May 9, 2001
Wow, that's one motivated guy. More work than I'd be willing to do. I think I'll stick with my AX-7, it's doing fine. And all I had to do to get it was type in my credit card number and click the "submit order" button :smile:

<i>Money talks. Mine always likes to say "goodbye." :smile: </i>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
well at the end of the review he said he used a potentiometer to reduce the fan noise to whisper quiet... and i bet with that 160mm fan it was still pushing out 100cfm or so.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
interesting idea.. but not too practical.
micronised solid silver would corode like buggery... and i really wouldnt want something like a silver nitrate solution running around in my water system. probably corrode stuf and i doubt u could get the concentration high enough to make a difference.

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
This is why a diamond heatsink would make the best cooling solution ever. It's thermal conductivity and transmission rate are unbelievable. In fact, thermal transmission is one of the biggest uses of diamonds today. Someday, I hope to have the expenses to blow on an industrial sample of diamond to forge my own diamond heatsink... though how I could cut small fins in the block I will have to figure out later.

The holder of <i>this</i> pass is <b>exempt</b> from all forms of <font color=red>flaming</font color=red>.

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
one step at a time, you could get a block of silver and do the same thing this guy did.

i went to the tomshardware forums and all i got was this lousy signature.

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
the thing about that is that alluminum copper and silver are hardly more thermally conductive than each other. Even between silver and aluminum, your heat dissipation is more subject of the shape and design of the heatsink than anything else.

The holder of <i>this</i> pass is <b>exempt</b> from all forms of <font color=red>flaming</font color=red>.