Automatic Broadband Update Problems

Tim

I have a laptop that connects to the internet through a
Microsoft MN-720 wireless-G card wia my desktops MN-700
Base Station.

My laptop keeps receiving the automatic update message on
my task bar whenever I connect to the internet.

However, when I click on it to get the updates it always
opens a blank window with the following message in the
lower right side: "Done, but with errors."

Since the automatic update message keeps coming back I am
assuming it is not working.

Anyone know what gives?

Tim

Anyone know what I need to do to resolve the issue below??

Have you tried manually downloading the file and doing the installation. It
is
available from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/10_DLoadMain.mspx If
you're running Windows XP on the laptop, you don't need the front-end
software because you can use Wireless Zero Configuration, which is much
better, with only the drivers.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Tim" <troberge@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know what I need to do to resolve the issue below??

Thanks for the reply Chris.

I think I need to be more clear on my information.

Whenever I open the Microsoft Broadband Network Utility the following
message appears:

"Critical updates are now availiable for your Microsoft Broadband Network
components. Would you like to start the update process now? Yes or No."

This happens everytime I logon, even though I click yes everytime.

I do not know which file I should download manually from the Microsoft
Download site.

If I do not need the update, then is there a way to get this annoying little
message to stop appearing?

Thanks

"Chris H." wrote:

> Have you tried manually downloading the file and doing the installation. It
> is
> available from here:
> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/10_DLoadMain.mspx If
> you're running Windows XP on the laptop, you don't need the front-end
> software because you can use Wireless Zero Configuration, which is much
> better, with only the drivers.
> --
> Chris H.
> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
> Associate Expert
>

> "Tim" <troberge@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Anyone know what I need to do to resolve the issue below??

If you're on Windows XP, uninstall the Broadband Networking utility in Add
or Remove Programs. You don't need it because you can use Wireless Zero
Configuration (Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services) to handle
anything of the wireless adapter.
--

"Troberge" <Troberge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the reply Chris.
>
> I think I need to be more clear on my information.
>
> Whenever I open the Microsoft Broadband Network Utility the following
> message appears:
>
> "Critical updates are now availiable for your Microsoft Broadband Network
> components. Would you like to start the update process now? Yes or No."
>
> This happens everytime I logon, even though I click yes everytime.
>
> I do not know which file I should download manually from the Microsoft
> Download site.
>
> If I do not need the update, then is there a way to get this annoying
> little
> message to stop appearing?
>
> Thanks
>
> "Chris H." wrote:
>
>> Have you tried manually downloading the file and doing the installation.
>> It
>> is
>> available from here:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/10_DLoadMain.mspx
>> If
>> you're running Windows XP on the laptop, you don't need the front-end
>> software because you can use Wireless Zero Configuration, which is much
>> better, with only the drivers.
>> --
>> Chris H.
>> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
>> Associate Expert
>>

>> "Tim" <troberge@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > Anyone know what I need to do to resolve the issue below??

Yup, that works. Thanks for the info.

"Chris H." wrote:

> If you're on Windows XP, uninstall the Broadband Networking utility in Add
> or Remove Programs. You don't need it because you can use Wireless Zero
> Configuration (Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services) to handle
> anything of the wireless adapter.
> --
> Chris H.
> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
> Associate Expert
>

> "Troberge" <Troberge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the reply Chris.
> >
> > I think I need to be more clear on my information.
> >
> > Whenever I open the Microsoft Broadband Network Utility the following
> > message appears:
> >
> > "Critical updates are now availiable for your Microsoft Broadband Network
> > components. Would you like to start the update process now? Yes or No."
> >
> > This happens everytime I logon, even though I click yes everytime.
> >
> > I do not know which file I should download manually from the Microsoft
> > Download site.
> >
> > If I do not need the update, then is there a way to get this annoying
> > little
> > message to stop appearing?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Chris H." wrote:
> >
> >> Have you tried manually downloading the file and doing the installation.
> >> It
> >> is
> >> available from here:
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/10_DLoadMain.mspx
> >> If
> >> you're running Windows XP on the laptop, you don't need the front-end
> >> software because you can use Wireless Zero Configuration, which is much
> >> better, with only the drivers.
> >> --
> >> Chris H.
> >> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC