130nm CPU - Racists NOT Welcomed Here.

Kennyshin

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
NOW! Finally, Intel Pentium 4 Northwood 1600MHz costs less than ANY retail Athlon XP sold in Korea. ($140 Vs. $145 based on the price comparison from http://www.danawa.co.kr)

In PriceWatch, Athlon XP retail 1700+ is about $25 cheaper than Northwood 1600+. ($110 Vs. $135 based on the price comparison from http://www.pricewatch.com)

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/akiba/hotline/20020323/p_cpu.html lists Tokyo Akihabara CPU prices.

*** I changed the title since most postings are about politics rather than CPU price.

*** I changed the title again in order to discourage disrespectful remarks on other races and nations.

Searching for the true, the beautiful, and the eternal<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Kennyshin on 03/28/02 05:42 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
135 Us right ?? damm low compare to 250 CAD.

cheap, cheap. Think cheap, and you'll always be cheap.AMD version of semi conducteur industrie

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
huh? Where do you live Juin? You can get the AXP 1700+ for about $190 CDN.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Even the 1.6A P4 is $230, which is $150 USD. Still not as low as some places in the States but well within their range.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

as intel zealots use to say but the other way around ...

<kidding>
ya but you know what they say... you get what you pay for! Cheap Intel crap! (because intel is cheaper then AMD so therefore it's cheap crap)
</kidding>

Note: Kidding denotes not to be taken seriously.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Who cares about korea?

<font color=red>:</font color=red> <font color=white>:</font color=white> <font color=blue>:</font color=blue>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Do you realize you're the kind of person that gives the rest of America the reputation for not caring what happens in the rest of the world?

Heh, actually it's kind of ironic how people complain about America not knowing anything about other countries, but when we intervene in wars or anything, they scream for us to leave them alone.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

eden

Champion
Yeah I mean if the XP1700 0.13m was out, with the same price, there is no doubt it is the best bang for the buck, much more than the 1.6A NW. It could OC at least to PR 2400, or maybe even more with adequate cooling (FatBurger's challenge), as well as the bus being upped and use of better RAM can give you the ultimate computing with less to pay than the 1.6A (not applicable in Korea). This especially is crucial to us Canadians, since we get high prices, the saving you get from getting an XP1700 over the 1.6A stock, can be very needed towards getting a better mobo or video card, as well as the performance being at least 10% better.

--
For the first time, Hookers are hooked on Phonics!!

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Lovely how you got all that because I and probably the majority of people could care less how much a processor costs in korea.

<font color=red>:</font color=red> <font color=white>:</font color=white> <font color=blue>:</font color=blue>

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Yeah, look what isolationism brought America in WWII! No insult intend to America, but not caring about international problems can only lead to trouble.

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
I'm sure Canada has a lot of care, but what's the point when you don't do anything? =) I don't think we need to start a debate on the U.S.'s involvment with the rest of the world and "not caring". That would be a pretty short arguement.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
The U.S. is the opposite of what it was in the 1930s and early 1940s but keeping a closed mind is a bad thing in any country. Canada hasn't had as large of an impact on the world simply because we have 1/10 the population of the U.S.

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Has nothing to do with your population and everything to do with your capabilities (teaching people to fish, using Celcius for temperature, converting canadian money to u.s.), stuff like that =p.

And since it is the opposite of then, maybe not a complete opposite since i don't think they were totally ignoring anything, then there's nothing to debate like i said.

kief

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2001
This is 2 political threads (or 2 that have become political) in 24 hours! Think Toms needs to add a political section *-)

Jesus saves, but Mario scores!!!

jc14all

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2001
I agree with you FatBuger. A nation is made up of individuals and what makes an individual is the contents of character; morality, selflessness, kindness, patience, tolerance...these are but a few STRENGHTS. The other side of the coin which makes the individual are; immorality, imaturity, selfishness, bitterness, insincerity, intolerance...these are considered WEAKNESSES.

So, in reality we as individuals are subject to these human traits and which ever trait we choose, either displays our strenght or weakness of character. I choose STRENGTH by putting away my weakness.

KennyShin, we may disagree on somethings, but I as an American am concerned with international issues that affect us all as individuals. To all that care to disagree with my post, I still choose STRENGTH. Korea does matter! Give KennyShin a human chance.

<b><font color=red>Cast your vote with your $,</b></font color=red> <b><font color=blue>shed your pride with your opinion.</b></font color=blue>

Kennyshin

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
Roughly speaking, there are always two groups of people in most countries. Those who complain about America not knowking about other countries are usually the internationalists and I belong here. Those who scream for you to leave them alone are the nationalists or isolationists and I am personally very often threatened by this group. Actually, it never comes from one voice. Often the hawks try to make their governments and media more nationalistic and xenophobic. It's also they who burned Stars and Stripes inside the US government building in Seoul a few years ago.

Searching for the true, the beautiful, and the eternal

Kennyshin

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
That number means the population of Korea. Most Koreans do not even want to cross the national boundary. I just said every human being has basically equal rights and should be treated as such. I have always said the same about Africans and Chinese.

Kennyshin

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
I mentioned Korea because it's just one more market for many CPU manufacturers. There are now more than 10 million people who have multi-Mbps Internet in South Korea alone. To dismiss the future of a country whose population will increase to 80 million very soon? Well, maybe there are bigger markets like China and India, but no company will have much chance with that kind of arrogance. I mentioned the Korean situation as a processor consumer not as a political propagandist.

Kennyshin

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
I looked at the number and Canada is one of the fastest-growing among the "developed" countries in both economy and population. Maybe it will have a different role in the 21st century.

eden

Champion
I doubt it, currently Canada does not look to good to me. Our prices are high, we have a screwed up government, very poor health care at the cost of free health care. I wish these things would be taken care off, as well as TAX. 15% is too much IMO.
BTW our economy is 50% affected by whatever our neighbour USA is. So we get hit by economy problems from the USA, but not as much.

--
For the first time, Hookers are hooked on Phonics!!