HDD won't take Win7 Installation

sabed76

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
The HDD for my Toshiba Satellite crashed. I bought a new HDD and now I am trying to Install a fresh copy of Windows 7. It starts up and picks up the CD, however, after it reaches the part where I agree to the terms, my screen turns white. Don't know what to do from here.

Solution
A bootable DVD image, did you burn the iso as an image or just drag and drop copy it, which won't work. If you can't get it to work, ask around for someone to help -- it really is that easy. It has nothing to do with your 1Tb HDD size and 3Gb memory, that is all more than adequate.

The idea of downloading the iso image and burning it to a DVD is to create the bootable installer disk that you need.

RealBeast

Titan
Are you using a full Windows 7 install disk or just a Toshiba recovery disk that needs the recovery partition that is now gone?

If not a full install disk, I would download a new DVD image of the same Windows 7 version that you have from DIGITAL RIVER and after install activate it with your Windows key off the sticker on your Satellite.

sabed76

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
It is a Toshiba recovery disk that doesn't have any partitions.

I will go to the website you recommended and try it out and hopefully it works. I will let you know. Thanks.

RealBeast

Titan
It should work fine, I've used those images dozens of times to recovery laptops from dead HDDs. Just make sure to get the same version and 32 or 64 bit as you have. All of their images are SP1 so fewer updates to install.

sabed76

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

How do I create a bootable disk if the original HDD crashed?

RealBeast

Titan
A bootable DVD image, did you burn the iso as an image or just drag and drop copy it, which won't work. If you can't get it to work, ask around for someone to help -- it really is that easy. It has nothing to do with your 1Tb HDD size and 3Gb memory, that is all more than adequate.

The idea of downloading the iso image and burning it to a DVD is to create the bootable installer disk that you need.

Solution