Save me from Asus Probe...?

Timbo55

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2002
I have a Asus A7V333 mobo and I've read that the monitoring program Asus Probe may not be the best (accurate).

Why is it bad ?

Which is recognized as the BEST and why ?

How do we (users) know that one monitoring program is more "accurate" than another in reporting temps. Is it a case of "Program XYZ gives a me lower CPU temp reading so it must be more accurate because that's what I want to see" ???

(I'm not trying to be a smart ass, this is a genuine question :)

Thanks Tim...

FatBurger

Illustrious
Grab either Motherboard Monitor, or Via Hardware Monitor (if it works on your chipset, I have no clue. I only used it on my KT133a board).

Asus Probe gives innacurate results, especially for temps.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

tlaughrey

Distinguished
May 9, 2001
Isn't any temp monitoring program, including Asus Probe, just going off the built-in sensor of the motherboard? In other words, aren't you going to get the same reading regardless of which temp monitoring program you use? It's the same as going into the BIOS to check the temp there, isn't it?

<i>Money talks. Mine always likes to say "goodbye." :smile: </i>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Nope, and I don't know exactly why it is, but not all software is accurate.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
who knows why but analprobe likes makeing corrections to whats reported in the bios.

with my system analprobe was giving me +8 to my cpu temps, yet a friend was getting almost -10.
plus it kept miss reporting my voltages and dropping out. my 3.3v line according to analprobe would spike to 4.5, and my 5 volt line would drop to zero for 3 seconds at a time, setting off the alarms like crazy.

motherboard monitor does not. u get what u see.
it is good. it is free. what more do u need?

Morally destitute, Emotionally bankrupt but a proud and respected member of Toms Forums! :smile: