Toshiba Laptop not working

My laptop stopped working after i put down on couch not hard but not soft either. I was getting it to boot to having the mouse pointer which was movable over a black screen. Tried to to a system recovery but it says there's an error then you hit a button whichsends me to a dos screen and says there is no boot up device. Anyone with help would be great.
3 answers Last reply
More about toshiba laptop working
  1. The "jolt" from not putting it down gently may have damaged the hard drive. Test it with the drive manufacturer's diagnostic software for DOS which loads from a bootable CD. The links are here: http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287
  2. there are always reasons why windows wont boot, dont ever just assume its windows and reinstall it it never works

if its an A200/L300 series unit or any toshiba thats 4-8 years old its probably the mainboard fault that 99% of toshibas suffer

impact force = hdd damage check that too

Toshibas have the highest failure rate after anything featuring Nvidia graphics chips (7-9 series) -- they are that bad
  3. It's not an old computer. Not quite 1 year old yet. I don't have any discs to put in it. Really a bummer. I'm afraid the hard drive is done.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Toshiba Windows 7