Sign in with
Your question

AMD ANN INTEL

Last response: in CPUs
March 28, 2002 12:42:40 AM

Can anyone actually say for sure when the new line of chips are going to come out? Also, will the T-bred MB be upgradable to the Hammer? Also, anyone know when intel is going to release their chips?

JackFrost

More about : amd ann intel

March 28, 2002 1:00:21 AM

Hammer will require a whole new motherboard.

:wink: The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark :wink:
March 28, 2002 3:05:59 PM

Does anyone know if the next release of Pentium chips will be able to use the same motherboard as the P4?

JF
Related resources
March 28, 2002 3:13:40 PM

Since the 386 moved to the 486, the only intel chip that it's successor was able to use the same motherboards was the PII to PIII, and that wasn't that big of a CPU change.

So, my guess, is that the 478 sockets will work for the 133 FSB Northwoods, but not Prescott.

Bad trolls Bad trolls... Whacha gonna do... Whacha gonna do when they post here too...
March 28, 2002 3:19:28 PM

I remember hearing that Prescott will most likely use the same socket, but we'll see.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft
March 28, 2002 3:25:31 PM

Perhaps it will, or perhaps it won't. It depends on how drastic the changes are on it, FSB speed, and many other things.

Given Intel's recient history regarding sockets though, do you realy think it will be the same socket?

Bad trolls Bad trolls... Whacha gonna do... Whacha gonna do when they post here too...
March 28, 2002 3:37:22 PM

Given their history, not a chance.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft
March 28, 2002 5:49:11 PM

On to Socket 531 then... :lol: 

--
For the first time, Hookers are hooked on Phonics!!
March 28, 2002 8:27:10 PM

Same socket for the 533fsb p4, but many will need a new motherboard for the faster fsb.

:wink: The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark :wink:
!