HP Probook battery charged but notebook shuts down

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheroo16

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
HP Probook 4520s while charging on AC works absolutely fine. But while discharging i.e. Running on battery, shuts down unexpectedly. The same also happens when the the AC adaptor is plugged out at random. Lastly, the battery check confirms the battery to be 100% fine.
Pls help...

Thanks

sheroo16

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
Thanks Sir for getting back.
But the Notebook is just 4 months old & as mentioned the HP Battery Check Tool confirms it to be absolutely fine.
Kindly re-analyze appropriately...

Shall await for a solution.

jamie_1318

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2010
I don't think the battery is at fault if the battery check ran fine. Try flashing your bios with the latest ones from the HP website. Make surer you have it plugged in and hidden away where there is no chance of a random unplugging though before you start.

I had a similar issue with my HP laptop, the problem randomly went away one day, and I took the time to flash the BIOS while the battery was working and the issue never came back.

sheroo16

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011

Thanks Sir for getting back.
But the Notebook is just 4 months old & as mentioned the HP Battery Check Tool confirms it to be absolutely fine.
Kindly re-analyze appropriately...

Shall await for a solution.

sheroo16

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011

Thanks for an alternative solution which i shall try tommorow. Though its clear from your word 'plugged in' means 'battery inserted' but i didn't get your your phrase 'hidden away where there is no chance of a random unplugging though before you start'.

It would be v.kind of yourself to Elaborate/Brief-Out a bit on the same.

Shall wait for your response before Flasing...

Regards

jamie_1318

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2010
Just make sure that there is ZERO chance of it getting unplugged by accident while you are flashing the bios. If it is turned off while it is flashing the BIOS the computer will be rendered useless in almost all cases. It only takes a couple seconds, but just be on the safe side.

Status
Not open for further replies.