Dell Inspiron 8200 Replacement Key

Last response: in Computer Brands
October 19, 2004 11:08:02 PM

Hi,

I accidently dropped something on my keyboard and scratched the "C"
key on my Dell Inspiron 8200. While it functions perfectly, its
astethically bothering me.

Does anyone know if I can purchase just the individual plastic key "C"
for the Dell Inspiron 8200 anywhere in the UK or order it from Dell?

I am sure it should be expensive.

Kind regards,
George
Anonymous
October 20, 2004 7:04:22 AM

gbozovic@bu.edu (George Bozovic) wrote in message news:<c02203b4.0410191808.28808236@posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I accidently dropped something on my keyboard and scratched the "C"
> key on my Dell Inspiron 8200. While it functions perfectly, its
> astethically bothering me.
>
> Does anyone know if I can purchase just the individual plastic key "C"
> for the Dell Inspiron 8200 anywhere in the UK or order it from Dell?
>
> I am sure it should be expensive.
>
> Kind regards,
> George

I guess it's called a "kepcap." I need the individual "C" keycap for
my Dell. According to Dell message boards, Dell does not sell the
individual keycaps, just the entire keyboard.

Does anyone know of any 3rd party reseller that may sell the keycaps?
There must be a laptop junkyard where they can just pop one off and
send it.

It's difficult to look at this one blemished keycap on a near mint
condition laptop.

Kind regards,
George
Anonymous
October 20, 2004 10:56:31 AM

"George Bozovic" <gbozovic@bu.edu> wrote in message
> gbozovic@bu.edu (George Bozovic) wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I accidently dropped something on my keyboard and scratched the "C"
>> key on my Dell Inspiron 8200. While it functions perfectly, its
>> astethically bothering me.
>>
>> Does anyone know if I can purchase just the individual plastic key "C"
>> for the Dell Inspiron 8200 anywhere in the UK or order it from Dell?
>>
>> I am sure it should be expensive.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> George
>
> I guess it's called a "kepcap." I need the individual "C" keycap for
> my Dell. According to Dell message boards, Dell does not sell the
> individual keycaps, just the entire keyboard.
>
> Does anyone know of any 3rd party reseller that may sell the keycaps?
> There must be a laptop junkyard where they can just pop one off and
> send it.
>
> It's difficult to look at this one blemished keycap on a near mint
> condition laptop.
>
> Kind regards,
> George

http://search.ebay.com/Inspiron-8200-keyboard_W0QQsokey...