Sign in with
Your question

Intel Getting Desperate!

Last response: in CPUs
March 29, 2002 1:05:32 PM

see this at <A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/29030209.htm" target="_new">the inquirer</A>
also <A HREF="http://www.amdzone.com/#2" target="_new"> AMD zone </A>

Quote:

AUTHORISED MEMBERS of Intel's dealer community received this yesterday:
Dear XXX

We've developed a training class to help you understand the facts behind AMD Athlon* processor naming methodology. Attend the training through our Internet broadcast, where you can choose from several one-hour sessions over the next several weeks. We'll address your questions during the session, via e-mail.

Your class attendance will entitle you to receive a summary document, and eligibility to win one of four Pentium® 4 processor-based systems.

Register for a training session today.

Sincerely,

Intel Product Dealer Program

I think Intel is getting Desperate - it must be Fearful about finding itself a year from now as the Second PC CPUs manufacture… that must be a very fearful thought for someone like Intel…

I, personally, never felt more confidence in my AMD stocks…

This post is best viewed with common sense enabled

More about : intel desperate

March 29, 2002 1:26:12 PM

Take this for what its worth, it was on the <A HREF="http://www.hardocp.com" target="_new">hard ocp</A> web site without a link to back it up. Supposedly someone did undercover work at Intel and found their "Pentium4 PR Rating"
Quote:
Following AMD's marketing change in it's processor labeling, Intel decided to mark P4's with a new PR rating. Just like AMD compares it's Athlon XP processor with the old Athlon processor line, Intel decided to compare the performance of the Pentium 4 with Pentium III chips. Changes are follows:

P4 1500Mhz = "PR 1100-"
P4 1600Mhz = "PR 1166-"
P4 1700Mhz = "PR 1233-"
P4 1800Mhz = "PR 1300-"
P4 1900Mhz = "PR 1466-"
P4 2000Mhz = "PR 1533-"
P4 2200Mhz = "PR 1700-"

The new system should help consumers understand IPC and deep pipelines according to Intel's press release.

I don't think that intel is desperate, they just want to educate people as to their opinion of AMD's naming methodology. I'm sure it probably won't be "AMD Athlon XP is compared to equivalent clocked Athlon Thunderbird cpus" but of coarse I could be wrong. We have seen what they've said in the past though so make your own judgement call. With one hour sessions over several weeks they are basically <A HREF="http://www.lanparty.com/solgames/go/monkeyfeed.jpg" target="_new">spoon feeding</A> the information.
PS: I'd probably be confident in AMD stock too if I had some, especially with Thoroughbred and Hammer around the corner. I wouldn't mind having some nvidia stock too, especially if I had gotten it back when geforce 256 first came out. Damn I always kick myself in the butt for not getting in on back then.

If my response is brief and vague its because the info you provided is too!
March 29, 2002 1:33:13 PM

Wow! Even Intel is agreeing with AMD? That's scary.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
Related resources
March 29, 2002 2:08:25 PM

", personally, never felt more confidence in my AMD stocks…"

That's super for you. Then I'm sure you know Intel's stocks are down 2% for the year, while AMD's are down over 11%.

<font color=blue> There's no such thing as hell, but you can make it if you try.</font color=blue>
March 29, 2002 2:14:37 PM

...that's for now. That's why I recommend you should invest in AMD.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
March 29, 2002 2:21:10 PM

I guess when the public PR s-cam-pain doesn’t work? You have to have a private meeting with a guy named Rocko.

Quote:
I, personally, never felt more confidence in my AMD stocks…

What about a year or so ago when AMD’s stock crossed Intel’s at approximately $30ps? That was the height of my stock confidence. Then again that lasted about a day and was during the dot com bubble.

All errors are undocumented features waiting to be discovered.
March 29, 2002 2:23:30 PM

Quote:
Supposedly someone did undercover work at Intel and found their "Pentium4 PR Rating"

<A HREF="http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=satire" target="_new">Click</A>

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft
March 29, 2002 2:32:25 PM

I bought the stocks at 14.66 a few months ago - sence then it pretty much stayed in the 14-16$ level...

This post is best viewed with common sense enabled
March 29, 2002 3:29:26 PM

Quote:
Take this for what its worth, it was on the hard ocp web site without a link to back it up. Supposedly someone did undercover work at Intel and found their "Pentium4 PR Rating"

oni are you the oni person who got fooled by this joke? nice of you mongrels to post these things out of context.

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by AmdMELTDOWN on 03/29/02 12:31 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
March 29, 2002 6:27:15 PM

Aww geez now it gets more confusing than ever!
And besides, using those PR Ratings, how in the world will they ever sell if their PRs are lower than AMDs?

--
For the first time, Hookers are hooked on Phonics!!
March 29, 2002 6:42:56 PM

Read my post about it.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft
!