Dell XPS 15 L502X Screen Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexus90

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
Hi, I recently bought the XPS 15 L502X from Dell. The Laptop was working great, but after two days from receving the laptop, I turned on the laptop and was about to go on the internet, when suddenly the laptop screen started showing a blue tint and all the colours looked like they were in 16 bit. Anything that should be black on the screen is showing as blue. After this happened, I immediately shut down the computer. When I turned the computer on again, the problem went away. However, after 3 days the problem returned and since then problem hasn't gone away. The issue occurs in Windows 7 and when the computer is starting up. I have renstalled the video card driver and updated the bios but that hasn't fixed the problem. I connected the laptop to a external monitor and everything was normal on the external monitor. If I move the laptop around, the screen sometimes goes back to normal for about a second or two. Can someone please help me? Thanks!

Below are pictures of my laptop screen:

dsc0257kl.jpg

dsc0258to.jpg

dsc0259v.jpg

dsc0263ao.jpg

dsc0261ab.jpg

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Chances are the screen is broken.
But, it may be a Dell program that is chaging the visual effects. Try booting in safe mode and see if it works differently. Go thru the Dell "bloatware" and utilities and see if there are any options for it.
If shaking the screen effected it... it's probably broken, I'd RMA the laptop.

mask90

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013

Hey..I've been facing the same problem as well for quite sometime now....Have you figured out a solution to this problem?..If yes..could you please share the solution with me??.

Thanks

karenR

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013
yes this is exactly the same as my laptop, posted a thread yesterday and spotted this thread today! the pictures are what happens to my screen, it does come back to normal. anyways i phoned dell and they uninstalled 2 drivers one was the graphics and something else, then reinstalled, he told me it could be due to software updates. also he changed the times for it to go into screen saver mode, this is when the problem occured so if it was still there i wouldnt see it! so have had a friend change this back so screen saver modes comes on! i thought it was still doing it, but seems to be ok...so fingers crossed, considering the laptop is only a few months old its frustrating but luckily under warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.