LCD inverters for I5000 different screens

Are the inverters for Inspiron 5000 screens all the same? I have an I5000
SXGA+ good screen and inverter (bad computer) and an I5000e UXGA dim screen
(good computer). Thinking about swapping inverters to try to fix the
brightness. I have taken the screen apart on the SXGA+ before and am
comfortable doing the same with the UXGA, but I don't want to mess with it
if the inverters are not the same.

Mike

having to get a replacement flex cable for an i5000... and receiving three
labeled as for the i5000 before it matched, suggests different inverters for
different displays. you should be able to move both the entire display with
enclosure and inverter to the working machine with the problematic uxga
display. you may however find that you just need to reseat the flex cable
in the uxga to get it back up to the original wonderful image quality (that
uxga still stands out as one of the very best this many years later). if
you go to support.dell.com you can download a maintenance manual that shows
you step by step how to remove the display. once you have the keyboard off
and see where the ribbon cable attaches it should be pretty obvious how to
remove the inverter board.

"Mike Marquis" <mmarquis@raytheon.com> wrote in message
> Are the inverters for Inspiron 5000 screens all the same? I have an I5000
> SXGA+ good screen and inverter (bad computer) and an I5000e UXGA dim
screen
> (good computer). Thinking about swapping inverters to try to fix the
> brightness. I have taken the screen apart on the SXGA+ before and am
> comfortable doing the same with the UXGA, but I don't want to mess with it
> if the inverters are not the same.
>
> Mike

The inverters are screen-specific and are not interchangeable.

"Mike Marquis" <mmarquis@raytheon.com> wrote in message
> Are the inverters for Inspiron 5000 screens all the same? I have an I5000
> SXGA+ good screen and inverter (bad computer) and an I5000e UXGA dim
screen
> (good computer). Thinking about swapping inverters to try to fix the
> brightness. I have taken the screen apart on the SXGA+ before and am
> comfortable doing the same with the UXGA, but I don't want to mess with it
> if the inverters are not the same.
>
> Mike

TRENDING THREADS