reading .TXT ebooks (especially in Treo 600)

April 26, 2005 4:48:08 AM

Hello,

I subscribe to this newsgroup, alt.binaries.e-book.palm. Somebody
posted a NIV bible but in a number of files with each book of the bible
representing each file. The files are in .txt format.

However, I have trouble reading the books on my Treo 600 despite
installing BibleReader 3.52, eReader and iSilo. After I downloaded
those .txt NIV books, I would try to install using the "Install Tool"
but the process would fail because it says that .txt is not associated
with an program.

I tried to manually beam using InfraRed those .txt books from my laptop
to my Treo 600. But after beaming, they'll go into my MemoPad, but the
MemoPad would not be able to open each of those files completely
because there's a size limit for the files it can open. So, it'll split
the book of Colossians to a few parts.

However, I do not want to read the NIV bible books like that in my
MemoPad. I would like to read it in a Ebook reader file by file (or
book by book).

Can anyone please help me as to how I can read those .txt files in a
Ebook Reader?

Thank you.

Kingsley
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 5:35:36 PM

<kingsley.yong@gmail.com> wrote in message
<snip>
> Can anyone please help me as to how I can read those .txt files in a
> Ebook Reader?

My ZIRE31 came with the Palm Reader software and I found the free
application DropBook at http://ebooks.palmone.com/product/detail/15099 that
allows you to convert any .TXT file into a format usable by Palm Reader.
DropBook has documentation on a simple markup language that allows you to
put in chapter headings so there's a table of contents in your eBook.

I been using DropBook for 4 months now to convert a 4MB daily journal I've
kept since 1992 into a 2MB Palm Reader .PDB file.
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 6:55:59 PM

kingsley.yong@gmail.com wrote in news:1114501688.357523.194490
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Can anyone please help me as to how I can read those .txt files in a
> Ebook Reader?

Plucker.

--
Regards,

Stan

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." B. Franklin
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 9:52:30 PM

In article <1114501688.357523.194490@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
kingsley.yong@gmail.com says...
> Hello,
>
> I subscribe to this newsgroup, alt.binaries.e-book.palm. Somebody
> posted a NIV bible but in a number of files with each book of the bible
> representing each file. The files are in .txt format.
>
> However, I have trouble reading the books on my Treo 600 despite
> installing BibleReader 3.52, eReader and iSilo. After I downloaded
> those .txt NIV books, I would try to install using the "Install Tool"
> but the process would fail because it says that .txt is not associated
> with an program.
>
> I tried to manually beam using InfraRed those .txt books from my laptop
> to my Treo 600. But after beaming, they'll go into my MemoPad, but the
> MemoPad would not be able to open each of those files completely
> because there's a size limit for the files it can open. So, it'll split
> the book of Colossians to a few parts.
>
> However, I do not want to read the NIV bible books like that in my
> MemoPad. I would like to read it in a Ebook reader file by file (or
> book by book).
>
> Can anyone please help me as to how I can read those .txt files in a
> Ebook Reader?
>
> Thank you.
>

> Kingsley

<http://www.freewarepalm.com/docs/palmfiction.shtml&gt;
Claims to read PalmDoc, zTXT, RTF, MS Word 2.x, 6.0/95, 2000-2003,
simple text, text with HTML tags (for remove tags only), TCR (full
unpacking).

--
Jim Anderson
( 8(|) To email me just pull my_finger