Inspiron 8200 Video Card Upgrade? Possible?

Hello:

Is it possible to upgrade the video card in my Inspiron 8200? I am currently
running an ATI Radeon 9000, but I want something with better speeds and
processing. Please let me know. If so, where is the best place to purchase
hardware of this type online, in your opinion?

I do a lot of gaming, mostly online with Final Fantasty XI so I will prob
have to get some memory as well.

Thanks
-g
4 answers Last reply
More about inspiron 8200 video card upgrade possible

    In addittion, I thought that I would mention that I am looking to upgrade to
    one of the newest ATI Mobility Radeon video cards. How have the specs been
    on them? Any other one you would recommend?

    Try this page http://www.bay-wolf.com/videoupgrade.htm

    --
    Thomas M. Goethe

    "gigabwzr" <gigabwzr@voicenet.com> wrote in message
    > Hello:
    >
    > Is it possible to upgrade the video card in my Inspiron 8200? I am
    > currently
    > running an ATI Radeon 9000, but I want something with better speeds and
    > processing. Please let me know. If so, where is the best place to purchase
    > hardware of this type online, in your opinion?
    >
    > I do a lot of gaming, mostly online with Final Fantasty XI so I will prob
    > have to get some memory as well.
    >
    > Thanks
    > -g

    So I guess the best card to get would be the nVIDIA Quadro4 700 Go GL 64MB?
    Is that really better than my MOBILITY RADEON 9000? I was thinking like I
    could upgrade to a RADEON 9600 or 9700 or something.

    "Thomas M. Goethe" <goethe11@lycos.com> wrote in message
    > Try this page http://www.bay-wolf.com/videoupgrade.htm
    >

    > --
    > Thomas M. Goethe
    >

    > "gigabwzr" <gigabwzr@voicenet.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello:
    > >
    > > Is it possible to upgrade the video card in my Inspiron 8200? I am
    > > currently
    > > running an ATI Radeon 9000, but I want something with better speeds and
    > > processing. Please let me know. If so, where is the best place to
    purchase
    > > hardware of this type online, in your opinion?
    > >
    > > I do a lot of gaming, mostly online with Final Fantasty XI so I will
    prob
    > > have to get some memory as well.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > -g

    The Quadro4 is a better card, but whether it's enough better to justify
    $350+, is open to question.
    Notebook cards are largely model-specific, and the C-chassis from Dell had a
    long life - about four years - but is now history, and the D-chassis cards
    won't fit, so there won't be any further upgrades.

    > So I guess the best card to get would be the nVIDIA Quadro4 700 Go GL
    64MB?
    > Is that really better than my MOBILITY RADEON 9000? I was thinking like I
    > could upgrade to a RADEON 9600 or 9700 or something.

Dell Graphics Cards Inspiron Computers