Divine Crusader - high-powered builds

Does anyone know any good high-powered builds with the Divine Crusader
PrC from Complete Divine?

I quite like this one for sheer treble-dipping on an ability score, but
it's not monstrously strong:

Paladin 2/Sorceror 6/Eldritch Knight 2/Divine Crusader 2/Mystic Theurge
8

Which will get you a character who casts 9th level divine spells and
7th level arcane spells at 20th level. BAB +12/+7/+2. Saves +13/+4/+14
(but with Paladin bonuses).

I'm thinking there might be fun things one could do with this class and
Fochlucan Lyrist. Anyone got any ideas?

--
Jack Rudd

"Jack Rudd" <jackkelshallrudd@aol.com> wrote in

> Does anyone know any good high-powered builds with the Divine Crusader
> PrC from Complete Divine?

The key to optimizing the Divine Crusader is to get as many bonus
domains as possible. Dip into Warpriest, Contemplative, and (if you
have access to Forgotten Realms material) Divine Disciple.

> I'm thinking there might be fun things one could do with this class and
> Fochlucan Lyrist. Anyone got any ideas?

Fochlucan Lyrist doesn't mesh with Divine Crusader very well. FL,
assuming you're not taking advantage of any dodgy rules hacks,
depends on taking levels of bard, druid, and rogue (or shadowdancer).

Here's a possible build. Make a half-elf, and pump your Dex and Cha.

1st: Ranger 1. Point Blank Shot.
2nd: Paladin 1.
3rd: Paladin 2. Precise Shot.
4th: Paladin 3.
5th: Paladin 4.
6th: Ranger 2. Combat Casting, Rapid Shot [bonus].
7th: Fighter 1. Weapon Focus (composite longbow).
8th: Divine Crusader (Destruction, Protection, or Strength) 1.
9th: Warpriest 1 (Glory domain). Far Shot.
10th: Warpriest 2.
11th: Contemplative 1 (bonus domain).
12th: Seeker of the Misty Isle 1 (Travel domain). Manyshot.
13th: Divine Disciple 1.
14th: Divine Disciple 2.
15th: Divine Disciple 3. Skill Focus (Knowledge: religion).
16th: Divine Disciple 4 (bonus domain).
17th: Divine Oracle 1 (Oracle domain).
18th: Divine Oracle 2. Improved Precise Shot.
19th: Warpriest 3.
20th: Fighter 2. Whatever.

To get into Divine Oracle, make sure one of the bonus domains you
picked has Divinations in it.

Anyhow, this build gets +15 BAB, 10 levels of Divine Crusader
casting (for 9th level spells), and spells from 6 domains.

If you want to be a real powergamer, you can swap out some of
the archery feats for Quicken Spell, Extra Turning, and Divine
Metamagic (Quicken). And that's without getting into the
wackiness of Persistent Spell.

-Ben Adams