Soltek 75DRV-4 and Radeon 8500 = No problems?

jkadesjo

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
Hi!

I have the Epox 8KHA+ and Radeon 8500 Retail combination. It's driving me nuts.
1. I get lockups when i run 3D applications.
2. Horizontal lines in some games like half-life.
3. When using the expanded desktop with two monitors and the dvi-to-crt adaptor the image on the screen is so bad it's no idea to use it.

I have tried all ATI's drivers, all via-4in1 and all EPoX BIOS'es. There simply are no drivers that solve this problem today.

I don't want any help in identifying the problem, and no help in what driver to update. I have tried it all and now I will return my Radeon 8500 for a new one. I will also return my Epox 8KHA+ for a Soltek 75DRV-4.

Does anyone know if there are any problems with this soltek mobo when using a Radeon 8500 Retail?

/Johan

EPoX 8KHA+
Athlon XP 1800+
ATI Radeon 8500 Retail
IBM 120GXP
SB Live! Player 5.1

Lviz

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2002
I have had the soltek 75DRV4 and retail R8500 for a short time, and I have not experienced any major problems with it(no lockups). My experience is limited though, as I am not a hardcore 3D gamer and I have had this system only for a couple of weeks.

I have two dark horizontal lines in the desktop but due to lack of time I have not found out if these are caused by the R8500 or the display(samsung nf959). Both are new and have been used only in this system. Both lines are very small(a couple of pixels), and I used the system for a couple of days before I even saw them the first time. I hope to have time to check the monitor next weekend.