  • Microsoft
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
December 30, 2004 2:56:38 PM

Can the antenna on the MN-700 be replaced with a more
powerful aftermarket one? Looks like Hawking makes one
that will work if the connection is Reverse-SMA or TNC
compatable.

More about : omni directional antenna 700

Anonymous
December 30, 2004 3:13:03 PM

No. The Microsoft Broadband Networking base stations cannot be modified.
There are actually two antenna in each, external and internal to balance the
signal. I would suggest looking for a true access point (Microsoft doesn't
make those) if you need to extend or expand your LAN.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC